Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Used it before, bog standard Goan hotel, good location, handy for resturants, short stroll to beach, absolutley fine if you are just using it as a sleeping base. Used it a few times and would'nt hesitate to do so again if the price was right. Alan
Hi Nickys,

I stayed here a few years back, at that time it was basic but clean and the staff were friendly (one young chap a little over friendly with female guests if he'd been given the chance)! I did like the Osbourne and it is in a good position for travelling between the resorts, probably about midway (ish) between Candolim and Baga. Didn't eat there much other than breakfast, no reason for this other than wanting more variety. Its set back from the road so away from traffic noise, I slept well here.

Others will give their opinions about the Osbourne and a lot can depend on which phase of the hotel you are allocated so I guess you will need to come to your own conclusion as to whether you should change hotels or not. There are better ones though (and of course there are worse ones too). If you got a really cheap deal, why not book into a guest house when you get there as there are some reasonably priced good ones around :tup
Fizz
Have stayed there twice. No problems and as the others say good location...(and the track virtually opposite down to the beach...Fishermans Shack first on the right should be up and running NOW ..they started it about the 23rd October and said it would take about 10 days :tup )

Never stay around any of the hotels - sometimes grab a bit of toast or coffee in the morning then out! Rooms basic but clean. Supermarket just around the corner. Go for it!
Stayed there twice, found it to be clean well run, don't rate the food there. decor is drab and could do with a revamp. still a good base though. got everything you need around you.chemists, restraunts and supermarkets. beach about 1/4 hour away.
BOB.
Ok thanks to everyone for your replys......................still cant make our mind up though!!!!!!! lol cheers
When are you going nickys? This may determine if you will be able to get in anywhere else, ie Christmas/New year. Other than that I would say if you are happy with the price then just go for it, if you are not happy with your allocated room ask to change, if they won't oblige then maybe stay a couple of nights, talk to others to get a recommendation and change hotels. Don't let it ruin your holiday though, if the shower works and cleanliness is acceptable then just use it as a base. I don't really think you will have too much trouble here though - it's just basic (like many hotels in Goa). :tup Fizz
Not going untill 7th March. The reports on the the hotel arent to bad really,might see if Highland Beach is available though,stayed there last year and it was fine.As my better half says its probably me just 'stressin'over nothing haha,cheers.
Ahhhhh you have been before nickys, sorry for assuming otherwise.......message to oneself, ask before opening ones mouth :D Seriously though, we have all stressed about whether the hotel we have booked in Goa (or anywhere else for that matter) will be good, bad or indifferent, it's probably part of the experience for most of us. I am sure you'll be fine.................. :tup Fizz
I don't think i would change it's fine,as Fizzy says you can always ask to be moved.....it's paid for and to be honest you could end up with worse! :think
Stayed there twice now both for 2 weeks first time two years ago and then again in january. wouldn't stay there again but thats only because i have stayed there a few times and like to try other places... would reccomend taking your own pillows as the ones in the hotel are very uncomfortable, had mine changed lots and there all the same LUMPY!

demand a better room on arrival even if you think its reasonable because they always put you in a crap room first to see if they can get away from it... i had to say i was checking out last time and i was not going to spend a penny in the hotel if they never moved me and all of a sudden something came up which was much better! try get in phase 2 by reception its the best!

very clean hotel! spotless... staff very pleasant, rooms old and basic but thats the norm in india would definately reccomend it, as a base you cant go wrong!

enjoy...
Hi All ,
We are at the Osbourne in Feb anyone know of a straight taxi man whc works from this hotel so we get the right one from 1st day,Thanks all :thanks :que :thanks
Yes ,ask for Sammy great guy ,will try and find his no.for you
annx
Hi aarond thanks for reply will watch this space
Found it :) Sammy 0091 9822159131
Have a great holiday
annx
Stayed here once, not the best but basic, clean and somewhere to put your head at night. Bathroom was also clean. Good location easy reach to all you want. Breakfast not great but not a problem if like me you're not too worried about breakfast. I'm happy to get to a shack and have a better choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.