Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi Dave

Sorry to read about your problems, I would try emailing the Sofitel Agadir and enquire about room availability, email address h5707@sofitel.com Sofitel website http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-5707-sofitel-agadir-royalbay-resort/index.shtml

If you have to change I would certainly try and ask for transfers as a form of compensation.

Graham
cheers Graham, just emailed them enquiring about a room, thanks for the address, if unsucessful will try for free transfers. Regards Dave
Just had a quick look at First Choice site. It is available 5 October from Gatwick - bed and breakfast for 2 people comes to
£1048 for 1 week and £1728 for 2 weeks so obviously rooms are available but maybe the Operator you booked with haven't so many rooms allocated to them. I think what has happened to you occurs quite often where the flights and hotels are booked separately. Looks like a super hotel - wouldn't mind going myself!
double checked the low cost holidays website and the Agadir is still there for booking albeit at a lot higher price that we payed for, confused now :think
How does it compare to what you paid and what I quoted from the First Choice Site?
I would print it out, putting in exactly the same dates etc, albeit more expensive and then ring them and ask the reason why you were told it was overbooked but I think you will need to do it very soon - before they really sell out because if other contributors read about that hotel - it looks so good, they might book it!!!
Best of luck!
Thanks Suzie, just sent a mail to Low Cost Holidays stating that the original hotel IS still available on THEIR website and that I am confused why we are being told it is overbooked when obviously it isn't, I think it is because they made a mistake on the cost of the hotel in December when we booked, I will have to wait and see. Regards Dave
They have now been in touch via email saying that we will have to swap as the Sofitel Agadir is not available, even though they have admitted that it is available if we booked now at the higher price, not happy about our situation but can't see any way around it. I only booked because of the hotel and the bargain price, gutted. Don't want to cancel as its too close now to find something else.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.