Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Lake Garda is awesome, we stayed in Limone in Sept last, travelling on the ferries to the different towns is great, the scenery is something else. Malcesine has a castle and a revolving cable car going up Mt Baldo, the kids on this trip loved the way the cloud came in up the top. There are other castles to visit on the lake but it can get a little expensive for a family. Further information on Limone HERE
I don't know if it helps but there is a camping/caravan site right on the lake in Limone

We also did trips through the Dolomites, with another cable car, it was absolutely breathtaking. Venice was a long trip (about 3 hours) and you don't get anywhere near long enough there but it was one of the highlights for me.

More Lake Garda Info HERE

I would imagine the children would enjoy a day at Gardaland HERE it is the opposite end of the Lake from Limone but still accessible.

August on the Lake is very hot so wherever you stay you might like to check on the availability of some kind of air conditioning.

We also found Italy to be quite expensive and we had to book really early, there was very little late availability and it cost us as much as we usually pay for our winter Caribbean holiday, we also spend heaps more sightseeing there. (we did go AI though) but it was worth it and I can't wait to return.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.