Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
We were a group of 10 friends that cruised together one of which had COPD .

Now this was a problem for him because we fly from Belfast to Southampton the airline would not agree for him to bring any oxygen on board but charged £100 each way to supply it

A chemist from Southampton brought it onboard and set it up, we were on Navigator, I do know that the cabin got every warm and some other issues around the ship
If you would like to send me a PM message I would be happy to try and answer any of you queries

Prindy
On the QM2 recently out of New York. A lady travelling on her own had all her equipment in her room. Different machines for day and night and also so she could top up her portable o2 supply for during the day. She seemed to use o2 continously.
She is not able to fly so cruises only when she can find a cruise out of NY.
QM2 is a beautiful ship and they have some good offers from time to time. Right now for the 14th June they have a 12 night with a lead in price as low as £859. This is out of Southampton doing the Med round trip.

I am considering it although I have to pay a hefty supplement to cruise solo. Good luck!

Sue
Well firstly a big thank you for those replies.....there is some hope at least!

My Mum has to have the oxygen for 15 hours....so 10 of those would be whilst asleep probably, the others she would get by with a rest before lunch and dinner.....
And then she is free, and doesn't need to take the oxygen out with her....so issues shouldn't arrive around the ship or or on trips. But the main concern I had was is the cabin electricity supply adequate for an oxygen compressor (if you cant plug an iron in.....is it possible / safe you can plug in a compressor?)

I am trying to persuade Mum that this is the way forward.....Dad is already convinced.......

just need the first hand advice we can always rely on from our members here!

thanks again :tup :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.