Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We visited Paguera for the day. Seemed a nice resort BUT everyone spoke German and everyone seemed to be from Germany. Lovely leather shops and some quality hotels. Cant help regarding Globespan but someone else may help you out with that.
Lizzie

Here is a review on Paguera. http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk/paguera.htm

We spent a morning there last June - it was too cloudy to sunbathe so we drove to Paguera for a look round. It was very pleasant but as said previously it was very German and in my opinion not a very family orientated resort. I dont know how old your family is but there didnt seem to be much in the way of family entertainment. We have a 6 year old and there was nothing much there to amuse him.

Sorry cant be more specific as I have never actually stayed there.

Carmel :D
We started in Puerto Andratx at Hallowe'en and visited Paguera as it is very close by. I thought it was a very nice resort with a good choice of restaurants and a lovely beach. Everyone wants something different from their holiday but I would certainly have been very pleased to stay there. Don't know how lively it would be in summer but there seemed to be enough to entertain a family.
Regarding Globespan, we holidayed with them about 5 years ago to Puerto Pollensa and thought they were an excellent company. Since then they have started their own airline and I'm sure it's very good if the standards of their accomodation are anything to go by.
Hope this helps you make your decision. :wink:
Paguera is a very German resort. Part of my family is German so I have no prejudices in that respect, but even I found it to be not to my taste. It's like Germany with palm trees, which is not what I go to Mallorca for, after all we visit Germany regularly. If you are looking for a typically Spanish (or British even) resort then Paguera is not it.
FlyGlobespan are excellent, we have used them often, but they have become very expensive lately so we have swapped to ThomsonFly at a saving of up to 80 Pounds per person.
thanks to everyone for your input. we are carefully considering what to do next. we have only been to majorca once before and that was to el arenal which is also a resort more geared to german tourists , we had a fantastic time there and met some great people - even ran into a lad i grew up with. we do like to mix with other nationalities so it looks as though we may book up.

thanks again everyone :D :D :D
Interestingly, whilst the resort was originally colonised by the Germans, many have sold up and this year saw far more Brits, Swedes and Dutch buying property here. Where once there was only one 'English' bar, now there are several. It has excellent beaches, a semi-pedestianised shopping street and quite a laid-back feel. Like most resorts, restaurants are a melange of the good, bad and downright disgraceful. The motorway has been improved dramatically although parking can still be problematic. I would say it is excellent for a familly holiday.
Go for it Lizzie. Paguera is still a pleasant family resort and if you have found a good deal then I can't think of any reason not to go. I know quite a few Germans through work and they are really nice people so it would not put me off. I will be in Camp de Mar (the next resort up from Paguera) in August and never need any excuse to go back to Mallorca.
hiya robbo can you give me any info on camp de mar , we did look at a property there but it seemed that i could just not find enough info on it. have you been there before ?

thanks for any help :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.