Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Ryan and welcome to HT!

Can I ask you not to use phone style text, eg enuf instead of enough. Some of our members have difficulty reading it.

Thanks.

luci :wave
hi ryan there will be plenty to do in magaluf that week as it is mallorcan dance festival week .This event happens annually in march when the spanish government subsidises their elder generation to help them to get fit ,this involves line dancing and contempory spanish dance .When we were there last year the resort was heaving with thousands of spanish oaps having an absolute ball ,it really is an event not to be missed .The only problem we found was getting served in cafes resturaunts as you will be aware these elderly folks take rather a lot of time both getting served and eating .But I think you will have a great time if you get involved in the spirit of the dance
hii guys!!!

yes we will be in Magaluf from the 14th till the 19th..

how about you!?

charl n sam

:)
Can I answer this post in two parts - the first to answer tht initial question, and the second to offer my "two penneth" on this "txt" argument.

Rwilce

It's generally much quieter in March than in the high season, but it can be quite pleasant weather wise, with a good chance of nice weather, although not guaranteed. The resort will have a lot of "Spanish Pensionistas" but they are normally confined to three or four hotels, they are rarely out after 8pm at night, and I assume that you realise Bnira's posting was meant as a joke, rather than suggesting that 3 lads might be interested in dancing with a load of old Spaniards! The weekends are busy with Stag and Hen parties, and the strip will not be fully open, but there will be enough Bars and Clubs open for you to enjoy your stay.

My maths isn't too good, but I think you will be here over St Patrick's Night, and it's normally Cheltenham Week at that time, so there'll be lots going on. Hope that helps.
  • Edited by Biff 2008-10-09 12:20:46
    Adam i will pm you
Adam

Are the text speak and caps not an accessibility issue as opposed necessarily to a style decision? Personally I have no problem with text style; it is at least as understandable as the occasionally strange English that appears on these forums. Text style is, if you like, an example of the endlessly changing nature of the language; nothing wrong with that. But if a website wishes to have rules, then that's the website's prerogative. So it is with more lively discussions. They can add to the fun; I quite agree. The problem is at what point they become nasty, so I can understand the moderation. Maybe there should be a bit more flexibility though.

As this is off-topic (and I'm not sure why, given the rules, the thread wasn't locked for that reason back in January), perhaps this is a discussion for the Help and Assistance forum and not just those of us with a Majorca bent. This is an interesting thread and maybe one for a wider membership.

Hope all's good in Maga. Must come down from the wild north and see you some time.
I once went in Mach (think it was 2 years ago) Easter weekend and it was DEAD! few people that were out where kids about 14! and i mean 14 it was embarrassing. I love Magaluf but was massively disappointed, we were there for 3 nights went out the 1st, then went out the 2nd but only for 2 hours as it was so quiet and young and stayed in the 3rd.
Hope its busier for you when your there
Also - i know loads of people who go to benidorm that time of year (Cheltenham) and its heaving! busy busy busy
Scalder

Coming over on the Easter Weekend can often be misleading.

We get fewer Stag and Hen parties because the prices are higher, and maybe they are less likely to get permission from their "significant others" to go at Easter.

Also it is also obviously a holiday in Spain, and a lot of the Hotel Rooms are taken by Spanish families, who don't frequent the Bars and Clubs like the Brits do.

Finally they have a Junior European Football Tournament here in Magalluf at Easter and the Jamaica (when it's open) and the Trinidad in particular are full of Spanish, Portugese and Italian youths (13 to 16 year olds) who spend nothing, and upset the few British Toiurists who are unfortunate enough to be in their Hotel.

I'm not sure when Easter falls this year, but pretty sure it's in April, so there should be some good deals in March.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Adam
Yeah Goodfellow - I know the exact "junior footballers" your talking about - they were everywhere in the Gualadlope (or however you spell it) Felt i was on a youth trip :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.