Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Paralimni
7 Posts
personally i prefer that side of the island, beaches are generally better, and Paralimni town is quite a busy little place with some excellent Cypriot tavernas {you could find you are the only Brits there} Greek is more often used by the locals instead of English which id domenent the other side of the island.. I hope if he doesnt yet he will learn Greek

wizard
Agree with what Wizard has said ;)
All I can say is "go for it Jinty". We stay in Deryneia regularly, which is the next village up from Paralimni. Great place, love it :)
Any specific questions, please ask...

Ady
Hi Ady,

To tell the truth, I am 'all over the place' just now......

What about Prevolia or Oroklini, any words of wisdom about them pls.

Cheers,
Jinty
Jinty
Pervolia and Oroklini are a fair bit away from Paralimni.
We have a place in Paralimni for over 2 years now we love it, The family holiday there all the time now and enjoy the local life and the people have made them so welcome they cant imagine ever going back to hotels,

Where about is your son going to live in Paralimni.?
Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth,

Haven't got his address yet ( he travels out on the 14th March ), just some photos of the villa he is renting for the year. That was good to know, he didn't want to be in 'Little Britain' as he calls the Protaras area, which is why he went for Paralimni.

We have finally settled on a villa in Ayia Triada, which hopefully is only a short bus ride away from Paralimni. Will certainly be a change from Limassol.

Cheers,
Jinty
Hi
The Ayia Triada has a nice little beach and you should be quite near to it if you are in the area, as most places it has expanded over the last few years.

The buses run along the Ayia Triada road from Paralimni ticket office (next to Marks and Spencers in the square through Pernera, Protaras , Cape Greco and all the way the the water park in Ayia Napa. Depending where your sons villa is you might have to walk a fair distance from the bus stop or station , the bus stops right outside the Orpahides supermarket, but I am sure your son will have all this worked out for you by the time you go over to visit.

My friend lived in Ayia Triada sadly her husband died last year and she had to move to a smaller place up in Paralimni she does miss the villa in Ayia Triada.

Elizabeth
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.