France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
PARIS TRIP
3 Posts
A taxi will be very expensive. You'll be travelling about 25 miles but more importantly that 25 miles could take the best part of a hour.

Get the Air France coach into the city and get off at Montparnasse then use the Metro to reach your hotel. You'll need to research which line/stop would suit you best.

Places to eat? all over and it would be impossible to recommend any one particular place. There is a shopping area behind the Tower (away from the river) where you should be able to find somewhere.

Having just looked the hotel up would it be called the Hotel Eiffel Seine? If so then you'll need Bir Hakheim as your Metro destination. It's right by the tower and at the end of that shopping street.

http://www.hoteleiffelseineparis.com/anglais/location.htm
Hello Harriers,

Thanks for the bus and metro information that sounds a much cheaper way of getting from the airport to our hotel heard taxis cost about 60 euros from CDG Airport.

I'll be trying to spot food places that the locals are popping in as thats usually the sign of some decent food / drink.

You are correct it is the Hotel Eiffel Seine that we will be staying at and it seems to be in a decent place for us to explore Paris.

Cheers

Legs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.