Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hello fallan, I can help with the Park Hotel but not the Howard Johnson me and Mrs Holidaymaker stayed there a few years ago and of the five hotels we have stayed in on Malta this was by far the last one we would go back to. half the hotel is run as a time share, the food on half board is the pits and when about 100 Russain kids turned up half way through the holiday and ran up and down like wild boys from the 18/30 club and the management did put a stop to it (well) you can see why we have not got a good word for this place.
Dave
We went to the Park in March and never again,it was awful.It definetly does not warrant a 4* hotel a 3 maybe at a push.The bedrooms are awful.We had mouldy curtains stains on rugs and walls were disgusting.

The food has to be the worst i have ever had,we were on HB basis but ate out most of the time,it was that bad.
I would definetly say give the Park a miss.
Hello.
Thank you both for the info on the Park. That one is certainly off the list.

It is looking like the Howard Johnson is going to be the one.

Thanks again
Allan
Just read some negative reports on these Hotels at Tripadvisor.
I think they are all off the list now.

If you have and recommendations for a good smallish Hotel in Sliema, I would be very grateful for any response

Thanks

Allan
Hello fallen, one of the hotel I have stayed at in Sliema and in my view one of the best I have stayed in is the Kennedy Nova a 4* it has good food with waiter sevice, the rooms at the front of the hotel have great views over to Valletta. The bus stop is right outside the hotel and just up the road is the ferry to Valletta and also the boats for trips round the harbour and Island. Ether side of the hotel are a few bars and a short walk is Tonys bar (Big & Little). A few tour firms do this hotel so try some for the best price.

Dave
Another good 4* hotel in Sliema is the Victoria Hotel,although its not on the seafront.
We have also stayed here and its a lovely hotel couldnt fault a thing.

http://www.victoriahotel.com/
Thanks Jojo.

We were looking at the Victoria last night. found lots of good reports on it and the website is very impressive (as most are).

We have decided this is the one and will be booking today.

You need to be so careful trying a new Hotel especially when it is for a 4 week stay.

Thanks again

Allan
Well, we have booked and the winner is................

The Victoria Hotel.

Thanks for the advice Jojo and Dave.

Will post a review on return

Allan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.