Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi, we have just come back from cozzy beach in may. The entertainment was really good there was a snake show, brazilian dancers, turkish belly dancers. gymnastics aslo hip hop dancers, great every evening! we are booked to come again in september!!
As well as the Cossy bar entertainment there was a great singer/guitarist at the Carpe diem every night and a band at the Ladybird bar some nights.
The Sami Beach next door seemed to be packed every night as they had a happy hour every night which was 20% off drinks between 10pm and 11pm. :tup
Thanks lynds and jay
Seems like its the same we saw last year , mind you some of them were really good and would watch again
Will try the places you said jay as its nice to see something different isnt it
Like the sound the 20 % off drinks !
Am trying to finsd out hwat sort of offers are on and in what bars ot hotels, as money gonna be bit tighter this year as euro gone so low, lasyt year we got 2.10 for 1 euro, this year at moment its now 1.91 for 1 euro, fingers crossed it doesnt go down anymore

Thanks again
sandra
Another reason that Sami beach was packed on a Saturday night was possibly because the were showing Britain,s Got Talent. :rofl :rofl :rofl
The Efes was 6TL when we first arrived but my hubby bartered with Shorty(Cossy bar manager)and they reduced it to 4TL.
I did the same with the milk shakes. :rofl :rofl
Nice 1 jay, we shall try to do the same, shorty is great isnt he , mind we found all of the alds in the cozzy bar were very good, amazing how quick they get to know what yous are drinking, there were 6 of us and they always remebered
Cant wait to get there only just over 5 weeks now , after a tough year its just what we need
Take care and thanks for reply
sandra
Sandra,have you though about getting a Nationwide flex account?
We opened one just for holidays and we have just got our statement in and we were getting 2.29TL whereas the shops and change offices were offering 2.20TL.(to the pound)
It doesnt sound much but can add up to quite a bit over a 2 week holiday.
Nationwide dont charge for withdrawals in Turkey.
Hi jay we are in southern ireland and have no nationwide here and our currency is euro which as you have probably heard on the news lately is taking a right battering, i looked last week and it was 1.98 for 1 euro then went to 1.93 now today it was 1.91, i dread to think what it wil be in 5 weeks time
Nevertheless theres nothing we can do about it, we chose turkey as euro was strong there last year and made for a better deal rather than going to a eurozone country, we shall just have to hope it dont keep going down
Thanks jay
sandra
ps me family from uk are meeting us there so will pass on the info about that nationwide flex account , thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.