France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
perpignan
15 Posts
Best places for Camping are out of Perpignan

look for places in Canet Plage or Argeles Sur Mer
Canet is about 10 mins away by RN dual carriageway and Argeles is about 15 minutes

don't know about Hotels as we take our caravan there around August /September

Regards
From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield
http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps
We've been to the la Sirene at argeles sur mer. Plenty of facilities for all ranges.Lively but still very relaxed. Easy access to Perpignan. July - drink plenty of water it will be hot. We visited Canet which was very nice with some of the best beeches i've seen (and i've been to places) think it was the fact it was so peaceful and calm and so long.

Again hotels no idea from a distance they looked good but i imagine you will pay the price

Good Luck
Cool4cat wrote
We've been to the la Sirene at argeles sur mer. Plenty of facilities for all ranges.Lively but still very relaxed. Easy access to Perpignan. July - drink plenty of water it will be hot. We visited Canet which was very nice with some of the best beeches i've seen (and i've been to places) think it was the fact it was so peaceful and calm and so long.

Canet is one of the most relaxed places on that coast

It's not frenetic like Argeles Sur Mer at night

But I like both Places that's why we'll be at Ma Prairie in Canet Aug/Sept time and kng at around Collioure too (MY favourite seaside town- it's the artist in me - and the street cafe life there)
We've been to Canet 4 times, camping Brasilia. Very nice - loads of campsites. You don't mention how you are getting to Perpignan but if you are taking public transport when there I can recommend the bus service to and from Canet. It is very regular and easy to use.

Hope you have a nice time.
Hello,
We're going to Camping le Soleil on the 2nd September and don't know how we are going to get from the airport to the campsite - anyone know the public transport system in the area? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
(Ps. unfortunately, we can't drive, so car rental is not an option)
:D
We are overnighting at perpignan in the Summer. There is no shortage of budget hotels. Take a look at http://www.accorhotels.com
This place is in the south of Canet Plage right on the beach and very good prices
here
http://jp.maury.free.fr/studio%2520copacabana%2520a%2520canet%2520en%2520roussillon.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcopacabana%2Bcanet%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">Click Here

I had considered going here last year but couldn't get the flights for the time I had off.
I haven't been camping for years but I've found a site that lists nearly 1000 campsites in the Languedoc. You can give that a go. http://www.campingfrance.com/recherche_geo.jsp?lg=uk&region=11

*edit to remove unauthorised link Briar
we are going to france for the rugby and staying at the hotel de france and we have been told its five minutes from the ground. going may 5th and coming back the 8th the cost for this hotel is only £50 bargain
(come on you wire)
Up the Wildcats,we go May 26th (I think)staying in a 3 star :roll: hotel,65 euro's for three nights,the flight cost us £82....Looking forward to it! :lol:
Have just been this weekend for the Leeds Tykes game against USAP.

Nap69, ground is a lot more than 5 minutes away. However, from your hotel if you turn right out of the doors there is a bus stop and the number 2 bus takes you down to the ground (that's about 5 - 10 minutes away). There are a number of bars under the ground itself, but you need to buy tokens which is signed Caisse in the bars, these are then exchanged for beer (in small quarter litre glass at about £1.60 each !!)

Another weird thing was that a lot of the restaurants only serve food between 12 and 2 in the afternoon. After this you can get a beer and a sandwich, but that's about it.

If you need anymore info just ask and I'll try to answer.
thanks for the info thats great always helps if tou know a bit about the place
thanks again
Head 20 mins south from Perpignan and you are at the Spanish border experience the best of both countries.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.