Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Sue :)

I'm struggling to think of AI or half board hotels in Puerto del Carmen, as most of the accommodation is apartments on complexes. Obviously some of these do have food packages, but the actual hotels are on the periphery of the resort. A walk along the promenade isn't a problem as PDC is built along a roughly 4km strip of beach full of bars, restaurants and shops :tup

What accommodation have you looked at so far? Perhaps if you name some you fancy, more people can help you with a choice :)
As Sue has said PDC resort is mostly apartments so people tend to go SC. There is the 4* San Antonio hotel which is just on the edge of the resort and it's within walking distance to all the bars etc. Also with Thomsons you can book H/B at the Cinco Plaza apartments which is very central.....Hope that was of some help.....Caz
cazB, funny, I was going to suggest cinco plazas, then I read some of the reviews and they were so mixed, I wasn't sure!!!
Los Fariones Hotel, 4*, right on the beach and prom, in the centre of town and about 1km from the harbour area.
There are others, the RIU, the San Antonio and another in Matagorda (can't remember the name), but they are way out on the edge of the resort, at least 45 mins walk into town.
Regarding the Cinco Plaza....my feelings are they like most of the other apartments who do H/B or AI are just not up to the standard of regular hotels in the Canaries, IMO they should stick to SC ..... personally if I wanted H/B or AI I would choose a 4* hotel like the ones already mentioned......Caz
Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate them.

I am currently looking at Los Fiscos, leaving on the 12th December from Birmingham. I have a great offer for 2 people A/I in a one bedroom apartment for £423.46. :sun2

I understand what you are saying about the difference between SC and A/I when it comes to hotels and apartments but at this price it won't matter if the food isn't that good, we can always go out and eat. At least with this one you can get Cocktails incliuded with A/I :cheers

We have decided to go away in December and February, so we are looking at 2 cheap holidays instead of one dearer holiday as I am not too well and not sure how long I will be able to travel for until I have to stop having holidays abroad :cry

Is this hotel close enough to everything? it seems to be according to reviews and maps.

Thank you once again for any advice.

Sue x
Sue!!! As far as I can see this is nowhere near anything!!! I have never heard of it (though of course over the years many complexes do change their names), and looking on the map it seems to be out of town in completely the wrong direction :que

What holiday company is this with? I can't see how this fits any of your criteria, apart from the fact that it is near the sea, which of course everything is, in Puerto del Carmen :D
Editing, as I have found a better map showing the location :) It is in fact, not very near the sea at all!! It is right at the top of a steep road leading out of the old town of Puerto del Carmen. It will have lovely views thats for sure, but I know I wouldn't want to be walking down to the strip in Puerto del Carmen from there, and certainly not back up again! Though there are bus stops once you have walked to the main road.

HTH :)
We have stayed in the area of the Los Fiscos and I agree that it is at the top of a very steep, twisting road that leads up from the harbour area. If you are fit and healthy and enjoy strenuous walking then it's for you. Otherwise you will be getting a taxi every time you leave the hotel and return. The area itself has nothing wrong with it, but don't assume a guaranteed sea view as many of the properties are built on flat terraces which means you have a view of the apartment block opposite.
Hotel site...
http://www.lanzarotehotel-losfiscos.com/
Map here....

http://www.bing.com/maps/
Sue.....at that price I would probably feel the same, you can eat now and then down by the harbour which is more canarian and has a much better authentic feel than the strip.

If you find the hill is too much (which I do) taxis are fairly cheap, and we always got one to and back from the main strip and back up again from the harbour when we have stayed at the Flora, which if I am correct is near the Los Fiscos.
Just remember you get what you pay for and it will be quite basic...... also that area is hilly and as you are not too well please bear that in mind........ Caz
Thanks again for all your help. I am still looking. I have decided to go against los fiscos due to the location of it. I will search some of the suggestions above and will let you know what takes my fancy.

Thanks again for your help.

Sue
Going to PDC in December, only been there for a few hours on the bus from other resorts before.

I know there are loads of bars and restaurants, so can those who know the place throw a few names of places at me.

Where to go and where to avoid.

Thanks.
Good luck Joe, I'm still looking lol.

Sue x
i can't speak for winter months as i went in may but i would say going AI is pointless in PDC as there's so many places to eat of all standards,types,budgets and types that you'd probably have a much better time than in some buffet night after night.same goes for places to drink and be entertained :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.