EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Play Station 2
15 Posts
Just wondering why you should ask this question, but yes it is ok. To the best of my knowledge they are a little more expensive here than the UK.
Buying an apartment on Costa Del Sol, should be ready for November and planning to go over at Xmas :lol: . I have 2 kids and i am going to buy them a Play Station to keep at the apartment.

Thanks for your reply

Ljc
Took a PS2 out this year to my apartment in Costa Del Sol for rentals. Parents love the kids on them while they get ready etc.

It worked fine apart from some games being in black & white which I think is down to a rather old tv.

Cheers!!
Hi Bragg

Thanks for the info - did you buy your TV in Spain? Is it advisable to buy Spanish TV's and if so, are Play Station's that are bought in England compatable with Spanish TV's?

Thanks

ljc
Yes it's a Spanish TV but quite old. Couldn't even tell you the make to be honest.

I would buy the TV out there. I took a trip to Eroski next to Miramar in Fuengirola and they had some good deals on. Met someone who told me to go to a place called Boulanger for electricals but not sure where it is.

Looks to work ok for me using the scart lead from the PS2!!!

Think the B&W games are American games and the TV can't handle NTSC. My PS2 is chipped and I only take copies over!!

I only have a 21" and saw a Panasonic 21" with everything I needed for €199 which is around £140 :D
Thanks for the info once again Bragg :D .

Could do to find out where Boulanger??? is. Anyone out there heard of it??

Thanks

Lisa
did you buy your TV in Spain?

If you want to watch normal TV while in Spain you must buy a TV in Spain, an English TV will not work properly, all you will get is a picture but no sound as they broardcast the sound on a different frequency here.

If you just want to use it for the Play station then a UK TV is fine.
If you want to watch normal TV while in Spain

I take it you mean Terestial analogue broadcasts? A UK TV will work with all external scarted devices (as will a spanish TV).
I take it you mean Terestial analogue broadcasts? A UK TV will work with all external scarted devices (as will a spanish TV).

Yes you are quite right makum110 I did mean all normal Spanish TV broardcasts I should of explained myself a little better sorry about that.
Sound's all a bit too technical for me!! I think we will buy the TV in Spain just to be on the safe sound although we are considering buying a freeview box - will the Spanish TV be compatible with this?????

Sorry to be a pest :?

Thanks for all the info

ljc
It is not complicated at all, all it means is that if you choose to watch Spanish TV on an English TV you will not hear any sound but get a good picture. So as you say the best thing to do is buy a TV in Spain and then you know all will be OK.

Another thing to think about is there might already be a dish on the roof of your apartment complex which you could hookup to, worth looking into before you go out spending lot of money on things you don't need. Have a talk the the other people in the block see what they do.

I have included 3 links that might be of interest to you, and yes the freeview box will work OK with the Spanish TV.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=23131

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25005

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/
OK A1 thanks for all the info it has been a great help! :D

ljc
...and in answer to the freeview question.

No. UK freeeview footprint does not cover Tenerife.
Freeview is a service that enables you to receive digital broadcasts via TERRESTIAL means ie. not a dish , more of a conventional aerial. This service is NOT available in Spain.

Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.