Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hello all We are off to Playabella aprt 2nd July there will be 11 of us ages from 60 to 5 the whole family. I am very excited and just cant wait. Anyone else going there at the same time as us
We are off there on the 16th July, probably just as you leave.
Can anyone help me???????????

I have been to this hotel twice and I am thinking of going again 2006, does anyone know which holiday brochure I will find it in?

Many thanks
Sutchy
Not sure but you could call them to find out - it's (34) 971342793 ... if you are in the UK dial 08707949596 before hand to get the call at national rate oppose to international.

There website is http://www.webtrendz.co.uk/playabella/
hiya
they are in the first choice summersun brochure

hope it helps
Hi,

Many thanks for that...........I will look into it.

Sutchy x
hi all im trying to find a suitable place for my mum and her partner i was told about the playa bella appts in the bay they need a place with no inclines or distances to walk due to health and nice and close to the beach any help and recomendations welcome thanks gary.... :D
Gary .. I have added your enquiry to this previous topic about the same complex. You can also read our reviews by clicking HERE.

David :wave
The playa bella is right next to the beach down the bottom end of the bay not far from teh hotel milord

You might have a problem with inclines though..from the hotel to the beach there is a bit of a slope (about 50metres) although you can get down through the hotel complex through a series of stair cases. Walking up from the beach to get to the main street is a bit of a steep hike if you are not too good on your legs, however this 'incline' is only about 150 metres in length

On the up side, the entertainment is great, karoake nights every night (if you like that thing) good location right on the beach (although there are steps down to it.

Down side is that the karoake nights go on for ages and you cant get much sleep, there is a sewage/treatment building infront of the hotel on the beach and there is often a smell of sewage either during the day or night depending on where the wind is blowing...overall a good location particularly if youve got kids
Hellothere
going to playabella in june and as one of our party is disabled i was wondering if the complex and surrounding area is wheelchair friendly.Also any other info on the complex would be very welcome.
Thanks!

** Edit to remove bold font as per T&Cs. Future posts will be deleted. luci HT Mod **
We have reviews of this hotel HERE

luci :wave
It is wheel chair friendly if you have a person to push the wheelchair, the hotel is on a quite steep (although short) incline running from the main road down to the beach, within the comples there are two levels, street level where there are lots of restaurants including chinese, then down some flights of stairs to the beach level, you can go down the side of the hotel via the footpath but it would be easy for a wheelchair bound person to do this on their own. There will be lifts inside the hotel however which i assume will get you from the beach side area to the main road should you find the incline a little too much. there is a short promeade in front of the hotel but getting down on the beach is via some steps or if you go to the right of the hotel there is a semi rugged path which has direct access

Ive never staying in the hotel, only the one across the road called the riviera but have used the playa bellas facilities on many occassions, it has a great pool area overlooking the sea and good night time entertainment, it is basically family orientated with many groups of families during july and august where the karoake is non stop till midnight every night. (not a good hotel if you like an early nights sleep)
I have stayed at the Playa Balla and it was quite enjoyable but then we are not disabled. On two sides of the apartments is quite a steep incline from the road side to the beach and the main entranace to the apartments, I think someone in a wheelchair would find in very difficult accessing all the facilities unless they were with someone who was quite fit I think the gradient is very steep and the paths are tiled which makes it slippy under foot. Apart from that, the road level has everything you need for a good holiday most of the pavements are lowered for wheelchairs there are some fantastic bars and entertainment.

Hope you have a fantastic time.
Is Playa bella a far walk from San Antonio??Is the resort suitable for 20 year olds,plan on usin it to flake out,after a night out,heard its beside the beach etc??how much is food/drink in local supermarket??
the playa bella is a good 30 to 40 mins walk into san antonio west end so its not a good idea for walking. there is a bus stop just outside on the main road though which only takes five minutes to get into the town, otherwise you can get a small boat (water taxi) from the jetty across from the hotel at a cost of 1.5 euros each. the hotel is right on the beach but its quite narrow and gets packed in high season, all in all a good location though

The hotel is mainly family based so dont expect any peace and quite during the day with screaming kids running round everywhere. not a good idea if you want a kip after a night of clubbing im afraid. Try the s'estanyol a little further towards to the town, will probably suit you more, or there is the sol post which are apartments above the shops just across the road from the playa bella, stayed there before and definitely suit the late night/clubbing brigade even though its quite far out from the town.

food and drinks prices are reasonable, theres a few supermarkets next to the playabella including chinese takeaway
Is the ferry/bus far from Playa Bella?what about coming home from San Antonio?Does the ferry still run or the bus service?Also what are the amenities around Playa Bella like?Thanks, Phantom
the bus stop is right outside the playabella on the other side of the road which goes into san antonio, it takes about 10 mins depending on the time of night as traffic going into san antonio is often quite hectic.

the ferry is about a hundred yards outside the front of the hotel along the beach. in peak season july to august the ferry will keep running every half hour and on the hour up until around 12.30 am, buses run a bit later, taxi is around 8 euros which if theres four of you will make it quite cheap, there is one big taxi rank in the centre of san an right outside the west end so its pretty convenient aswell.

There are quite a few pubs and restaurants around the hotel, quite a mix of loud city centre type bars, restuarants and more family karoake (of which theres one every night at the playbella. theres quite a bit of low budget accommodation around which funnily enough attracts quite a few of the 18-30 brigade so you should find the area okay
stayed there years ago, what i can remeber the pool area was good, staff was fine, beach was abot 30 seconds away, if you have a side road or main road aprtment it can get a bit noisy at peak times (evenings) to go to the town get the boat 10 minutes or you can walk alround the bay lovely walk, don't forget to go to cafe del mar for the sun sets, i loved it there san antonio,

have fun :D
Just thought I would share my experience of the above in case any one is visiting in the next few weeks. Although I did not stay at these appartments I went for a meal at the restaurant overlooking the beach. Ordered BBQ spare Ribs when they came they were cold and the toughest I have ever eaten quite revolting. The rest of my family ate their meal when the waiter came to collect the bill he said "enjoy your meal" I said "not really" at which point he shrugged and wallked off. Next evening went back to let my kidz play on the shark, lady charged them 3 euros but kept the 1 euro change, then my 8 your old daughter was punched by older kidz running riot. She just wanted to come home..I am sure we were just unlucky but beware :cry: : :cry: :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.