Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Playa De Muro
6 Posts
Hi

Playa de Muro is an extension of Alcudia, sort of on the outskirts, and its on the main road from Alcudia to Can Picafort.

There are buses very regularly along the road between the three resorts, and on to Peurto Pollensa and are very cheap.

The hotels are lovely, however although there are a few restaurants and bistros, the shops tend to the be the "Touristy" sort, with not a lot of selection, in my opinion.

If you want more happening you would be handy to Alucudia, and a taxi to the Bellvue strip or the port, is not too expensive. Or go in the other direction to Can Picafort, a lovely resort too.

However if its a nice quiet holiday you want, you will be happy staying where you are. The beach is to die for right along the strip between the three resorts, with loads of water sports etc.

Hope you have a lovely time :D
Hi Tootsie

Thanks for that, do you know if there are any excursions from Alcudia to the Pirate show. I cant find out how much they are. We would like to go but dont want to drive there. Thanks
Hi

Yes there are excursions to the Pirate show, but bear in mind its quite a journey coming back late at night!!! But it is worth while seeing!

Dont buy them from your rep, no matter what they tell you - you will always get them cheaper in one of the shops in Alcudia who sell them!

You will probably see brochures for all of the shows, waterparks etc in your hotel reception, but there are loads of places to book them in Alcudia or Can Picafort. :D
We (2 adults & 2 girls 9 and 4 )stayed in Playa in May for 2 weeks and had a great time. Beach is great, plenty of restaurants (indian was great can't remember the name but it had a blue frontage). We went into Alcudia once in a taxi which cost about 9 euros, buses always seemed packed. Didn't think to much of Alcudia though a bit too commercial for us although the marina is worth a visit just to see what boats you can't afford!!

We would go back so have a great time.

Off to Sa Coma on Thursday for 11 days can't wait.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.