Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Please help !!!!
10 Posts
Have you looked at Ibiza,there are several hotels on the beachfront in Playa den Bossa that are on a really nice stretch of beach,very short transfer from the airport too.We stayed at Club Bahamas 4 times when it was a Fiesta hotel, and the Fiesta chain was ,we found ,very child friendly.
the talliot apartments in menorca sounds like the kind of place that will suit you. its a lovely complex took my 2 boys, they have a fantastic kids club with lots to do and playground, sandpitt differant pools. close to the beaches and of an evening they have a lovely childrens area with trampolenes, ride on bikes loads of stuff for the kids to do all close to the eating areas and bars. its never overcrowded and safe. check it out. :)
Cala'n Bosch may suit, although transfer time is around an hour. Santo Tomas is quieter than son Bou so not sure if that'll be what you're looking for. Bosch has a nice marina with bars and restaurants, a couple of good beaches and also play parks for the children. Small waterpark there too.
Another thumbs up for Cala n Bosch :tup It is a little longer transfer time wise, but well worth the extra time. The beach is lovely, there are many, many restaurants in the resort who cater (more so than adults in some cases ;) ) for children, there is a water park nearby, a childrens' park "Goody Goody" which my daughter loved. Two lovely hotels here are Casas Del Lago (although you do need to book in advance here :think ) or the Tamariscos Apts which are directly on the beach. The AI hotel is the Calan Bosch Hotel and although have not stayed here, come highly recommended. The Marina Apts are part of the Calan Bosch Apts but do cater for self catering. We have spent 2 weeks in CnB and never once wished we had a car to see other resorts.
Thanks everyone for all your ideas going to take a look at hopefully get something booked soon as this weather is terrible here !!

thanks again x
I also enjoyed our stay in Cala n Bosch and we stayed in the Hotel Cala n Bosch, very good hotel for the money. Lovely resort with plenty to do for the kids and nice walk around the Marina of an evening. Feeding the fish in the Marina keeps the kids happy aswell. Have stayed in Santo Tomas and while we enjoyed it, it is very quiet, so we hired a car while there so we could get out and about.The Hotel we stayed in there was the Victoria which was in a nice location.
" we stayed in the sol milanos there wasn't much to do of an evening each night was very repetitive so we thought we would try somewhere different on the island" find that strange.

Son Bou is the third biggest resort on the island and has lots for kids that age group to do,so I can only guess you mean in the hotel grounds? The other large resorts with the most facilities are on the west coast 1hour+ transfer times eg Blanes/Forcat/Delfine or Cala en Bosch neither of which are as attractive as Son Bou and the beaches there are not at the same high standards elsewhere on the island. I would also look at Arenal d'en Castell( has the island's other Goody Goody Park )

Cala en Bosch is very Package holidays crowd , Blanes/Forcat/Delfine even more so. If Son Bou did not have enough outside the hotel then Sant Tomas will be a 'disaster' for you.

If you want free entertaiments eveings then you will need Hotel?
thanks again all im now looking at santa tomas the mestral liebieg apartments looks lovely has anyone stayed there ???

island boy what did you find strange ??? when we stayed in son bou there was nothing to do of an evening they had a bouncy castle outside our hotel which they closed 3 of the nights because of the mosquitos swarming around them be curious to know if much has changed in that area as you mentioned it was the 3rd biggest resort !

:tup
Lexie
Please read the posts again, Santo Tomas whilst nice is very very quiet. With the 2 kids you would be wise to go to one of the other resorts recommended that have more to do. Not just my opinion, but everyone else who has answered your post as honestly as we could.

x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.