Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Brightonrosie,

Sounds horrific, but first and foremost did you bring all these problems to the attention of the your Thompson Representive in the resort, and if so what did she do about it, please?

Peter
Im having the same problem with Airtours. We paid a supplement for a family room but the hotel did not do family rooms so we we squashed into a room with 2 single beds and 2 camp beds. Followed all the right steps complained in resort, sent letter, photos etc but feel like Im banging my head against a brick wall. I sent the letter on 18.8 have sent an email and have phoned three times but have heard nothing from them. Rang again today and they said there is chq in the post for the supplement only!!!! I asked about compensation (im not expecting a lot, but expected something) she said ring back when we get the chq and she will reopen the case then wait for it - wait another28 days. Ive already waited 2 months and heard nothing. I have just phoned ABTA for some advice and they said to send all the details to them and they will advise how to proceed. No wonder people give up, after they take your money they loose all interest!!!! Good Luck
By offering you this voucher Thomsons are admitting that there was a problem. :wink:

I would ring Ros Fernihough on 01922 621114 for free advice. Ros is a travel law lawyer and often assists our members.
I know what you mean about people giving up as you seem to get nowhere with the travel companies.

I booked a holiday with Hayes & Jarvis and we were delayed 51 hours 15 minutes on our return from the Maldives with First Choice Airlines on 6th March. Still fighting for compensation. It is in the hands of the solicitors at the moment but should hear something back by the end of this month. There are a large number of us claiming and this does help, dont think I would have bothered if it was just me.

Everyone on the plane was offered £100 vouchers off the next holiday which I have not accepted as compensation. The vouchers offered have to be used against a Hayes and Jarvis holiday within 18 months. Unfortunately, I can not afford another long haul holiday within this period so the vouchers are worthless!

Dont give up fighting for compensation. They do take their time. Will let you know our eventual outcome.
A few years ago, we had a really bad holiday with Airtours. We had a 13 hour delay going and a 4 hour delay coming home. The apartments we were staying at were disgusting, food terrible and the staff were really unhelpful and unfriendly (I was threatened by a member of staff after complaining about something trivial). As far as complaining to the rep.....what rep? We never seen him/her for the whole duration of the stay.

Anyway, to cut a very long story short, we were compensated £550 (cash not vouchers). A letter delivered to us in resort told us there would be a cheque in the post for our arrival home to compensate for our outgoing delay. However, when we got home, we complained about the whole of the holiday and Airtours settled within 6 weeks with over half of what we had paid for our holiday.

I would suggest holding on for a better offer. They do come through eventually

:)
I booked my holiday through Hellenic Voyages and was told it was five star, when I got there it was certainly lot. There is a list of complaints from no vegetarian food, despite speaking to the rep twice and then being told to pay for a meal, cleaning was poor and even management of establishment agreed, entertainment concerning. I noted all this and told the rep who signed the form. Wrote to the company about my complaints and received no reply for over a month. Phoned the company staff very unhelpful and put the phone down and refused to give me her name or managers name. I then received a letter from the manager stating that my comments were inaccurate which I find hard to believe given I have evidence and he was not there in the accommodation. His explanation was that he has stayed there twice and had no complaints but the rep and agreed with my complaints. I would not use this company ever and advise against it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.