Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
According to local weather reports, Carvoeiro is currently 26 degrees and 22 degrees in the evening, which is brilliant! :tup

Does anyone know if this is above average weather conditions for the time of year?

I'm hoping the weather will be like this when we visit the area at the end of May.

Thanks.
It certainly was warm around here yesterday and that temperature is a bit above average. In a month's time that should be the average near enough.
On Thursday & Friday evening the temperature showing on the Air-conditioning unit at my house at 20.15hrs was 23 degs & was still showing 20 deg at 09.00hrs the morning after. Lovely, sunny and warm too when I left for the airport at 09.00hrs Saturday morning.Unfortunately back to the rain in UK what a surprise.
Thanks both! The weather seems a bit cooler this morning (only 17 degrees at the moment) - I'm hoping it picks back up again!

:)
Yes it was tad cooler this morning; my thermometer showed 18C at 0945. It's been cloudy all day and is now 22C at 5pm.
Hi there, I know this is may be a silly question as I know there is weather forecast sites but how is the weather in the Albufeira region at the mo, can anyone advise me. I'm hoping its warm enough to enjoy the non heated swimming pool and so, cheers
It was chucking it down this morning, clearing up now but still rather cloudy. Current temperature 18C, which isn't very warm at all.
I really hope the weather gets better for next week!
So do I! What happened to the 26 degree weather!?! :que

Today's temp, according to Carvoeiro web cam, is only 17 degrees. :duh
The weather has 6 days to get better!!!
The local (Portuguese) weather forecast predicts a marked improvement from next Tuesday / Wednesday.
Thanks, Sagres, that's just what I wanted to hear for our arrival next Thursday..... :D

Pat
:glynis
Thank you from me to Sagres! I do hope it's right!

Anna.
Have checked to see what the weather is like for us arriving on Thursday.....how daft is that......as if I could do anything about it???? :rofl

Nevertheless, what's it like just now, Cubsur, is it improving??? :que

Pat
:glynis
I know nothing, having left for the UK yesterday and I hope some better weather! for the cricket at Tunbridge Wells from tomorrow.

My local correspondent has just emailed me to say it is "still miserable..." in Albufeira.
whats the weather like for albufiera ? going next week
Don't know about next week but today at 0900 it is 22C, forecast high 25C and slight wind from the south. No rain on the weather radar within 200 miles.

It has been more or less like that for a few days and is what we expect for this time of year.

Check http://www.meteo.pt for the latest forecast.
We have never been to Portugal before but are going to Lagos in August, I have been told that it gets really windy at night , does this mean that shorts/T-shirts are out and jumpers/jeans are in? (just thinking about weight in suitcase and stopping the wife from packing her winter woolies!!!)
cheers. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.