Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Dassia Chandris
6 Posts
Hi Kate ... in case you haven't seen them, reviews for this hotel can be found here:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/corfu/dassia/dassia-chandris-hotel/

David :wave
thanks David- just had another look at them- do you think they all went to the same place??!! I know everyone has different views and expectations, so reports are bound to be mixed. This is a very mixed bag!
Kate ... we have lots of mixed bags ! :lol: :lol:

I did wonder about the most recent review. As well as sounding very negative, the person reports to have been on a self catering holiday, which made me wonder if it was posted on the correct page.

But other reports for 2004 sound fairly positive, and those going back to 2002 are not bad either.

David :wave
We stayed at Dassis a few years ago. It is one main road running through the town with bars and restaurants along this road. Then there are dirt paths running down to the beach, which is pebble. So i would advise good jelly bean sandles to get you into the sea. But when you do get into the sea. It is light blue and crystal clear. Make sure to visit the drunken duck bar we had a ball there.
Hi

Have stayed at the Dassia Chandris, and its sister hotel Corfu Chandris.
Which ever one you stay at, you can use the others facilities. They are side by side.

Food and service is to quite a good standard. When I stayed, there were quite a few Germans and Italians, but mainly in the Corfu Chandris.

The east side of Corfu is mainly pebble beaches, where as the west is sand.

The main road outside can be busy at times, and care is needed when crossing.

There are a couple of travel agents/car hire firms nearby, who will offer various trips etc, MUCH cheaper than the holiday companies, and use nearly the same coaches, boats etc for nearly 50% less. Changing money at these, is cheaper than banks and hotels. Take Stirling travellers cheques as the exchange rate for euro's is better than the UK.

Take the day trip to Albania, you will not be disappointed. :)

DO NOT use the chinese restaurent just down the road, as the quality is very poor, and they tend to use frozen meats.

Regards

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.