Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
My Dad wanted to do this a couple of years ago, but then he said he'll wait until he goes back to The Maldives or Egypt.

I think he spoke to someone about scuba diving in Candolim, i'l ask him today.

I don't think Goa is really a scuba diving destination.
Why don't you try Egypt?
Thanks Yummyyummy, i am going to Goa on 2/2 with my son and being qualified divers we would dive if the opportunity was there.
Julian
Hi, i am sure you will find somewhere to do a bit of scuba diving.

Are you staying North or South ?

You could ask some of the shack lads, they always recommend people.

Have a good holiday :cheers , we're there until the 8th feb

Nicola
Am really looking forward to it Nicola, am staying at Silver Sands in Candolim, never been ouside Europe before, but me and the lad both love indian food so thought we would try it first hand!

:cheers Julian
I am sure you will love Goa, have a fantastic holiday Julian :)
Goa is a lot more relaxed than many European resorts.
I have only been to Turkey, gran canaria, Majorca, so im of limited experience within Europe.
But i have been to Goa 6 times, that speaks for itself doesnt it ?

You will love Goa, and i bet you will be planning your next trip as soon as you get back :tup
Thanks Gooner, have checked it, looks ok. Has anyone been there??

J.
Sadly good diving is the one thing missing from Goa.
There are a couple of places in Calangute now, one behind Little Italy off Holiday street. One on Titos road I think.
I'm a qualified BSAC diver, and although I've been to Goa about 15 times now I've never bothered diving there.
I've been snorkelling a few times and the viz is cr*p to say the least.
Think it's down to all the dredging that goes on in Goa.
There's a place on Bogmalo beach you could try. Our diving officer went with them once, but said it wasn't upto much.
Obviously it's probably going to be better than UK, but I wouldn't expect too much.
I used to speak to a lad who was one of the instructors at the Titos road, he said it was very hit and miss. I think
he was doing it mainly to get his dive numbers up to qualify as advanced instructor.
Apart from that you'll love Goa, save the diving for Sharm in Egypt. Can't be beaten. Or of course the Maldives.
Have fun
Barry
I would definately recommend baracuda diving i have been with them a few times and they are great.

if you're used to european waters you'll find the vis poor and the water very salty, so don't expect crystal clear waters. The dives also tend to be rather shallow so you might be used to deeper.

Hope this is helpful.

Claire
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.