Spain - Canary Islands - All Other Islands

Discussions regarding all other Canary Islands including La Palma
I can't speak from personal experience of anywhere other than La Gomera amongst the smaller islands but on the basis of my own research over the years I think it unlikely that you'll find what you are looking for on any of the smaller island in the Canaries. La Gomera is probably the one with the most developed tourist infrastructure but I think that I can safely say that you won't find what you are looking for on La Gomera. There are no AI hotels and all the self-catering apartments are based on small, independent, locally owned complexes that do not provide kids clubs and games rooms etc.

I would say that it is family friendly - my teenage nieces love it, there's a good range of places to eat within in easy walking distance of most self-catering accommodation and there is a total absence of anything like a clubbing or 18-30 scene - but it is definitely for those families who can provide their own entertainment, not those who are looking for an active kids programme. My nieces are happy to spend the day lazing around on the beach, swimming, reading and playing cards and to spend their evenings enjoying a leisurely dinner with the adults but for those with teenagers who would get bored with such simple pleasures, a holiday on La Gomera could turn into the holiday from hell ;) It sounds as if you would be best looking at the 'Big 4' in the Canaries

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.