Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hubby and I stayed at this hotel a few years ago. Unfortunately it is a long way out of Mojacar and wasn't up to the usual 4 star standard that we were use to. There was no where to walk safely to as there were no pavements and the beach across the road wasn't very nice which I found disappointing. We would have been a bit stranded without our hired car.We did get the hotel at a very reasonable price so therefore we didn't complain to much, only about the grumpy rude waitress who continued to either be rude or ignore us in the restaurant. Also the food was probably the worst that we have ever had at this standard and we are not in the least fussy eaters, although we have always found that Almeria area hotels food wasn't as good as other areas. In all the years that we have used 4 and 5 star hotels this is the only time we have been greatly disappointed. The hotel next door was of much better standard and we spent most of our day beside their lovely swimming pools. Like yourself we do not mind the hotel having lots of Spanish, that is why we holiday in Spain, but at this hotel we were ignored in the bar, restaurant and reception in preferance for the Spanish holidaymakers, which started to get a bit annoying. One of the best things about this hotel was our room which was large and very clean. I did notice in the evening that people were smoking at the outside bar area, but this may have changed Sorry to be so negative. Our holiday was at the end of October so it may have been that everything was closing down for the winter. Indeed four hotels that stood together two of them were already closed. I hope things have improved or that May is more in season. In fact we have been at other areas in Almeria in May and have been fine. Maybe some other members have had more positive visits and ours was a one off. Mojacar itself is a very pleasant little town with lots of cafes and restaurants and nice promenade walks. Hope your holiday goes well but if not use the hotel next door - Trish
While Trish was compiling her message I was sending a PM to Mary saying almost the same things.

Bottom Line:- Too far from the resort.
If its of any help, the taxi situation in Mojacar is much better and taxis can now be found waiting by he commercial centre and can be ordered by telephone if your Spanish is ok. Many people now telephone their hotel for the reception to phone for them, a good idea but please check with reception first if they are willing to do this, John Beachcomber.
hi, many thanks for the info. on making further enquiries we have decided to cancel our booking and travel independently ,ie., flights only and private appartment. ok i will lose my 150euro deposit but at the end of the day i will have peace of mind and a central location.
before i received your info, i rang the hotel to ask about their smoking policy and yes i found the receptionist to be rude. it was as if she could not be bothered. so maybe we have had a narrow escape. :whoops . thanks for all your help. i really do appreciate it.
hi Mary - Hope you have a lovely holiday. This is a very nice quiet area and if I were to go back it would be to a villa. I think you have made a good choice as they were so rude at the oasis hotel. Even when I got home I emailed the hotel to complain and guess what - no reply. Trish
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.