Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hi ballymac,

I see you've picked up the PM I sent you containing help and information regarding Camping at Ca Savio.

I was just wandering if any of the information was of any use to you as you didn't acknowledge the PM :roll:

I don't mind anyone PM'ing me asking if I can be of assistance, as I explained when you contacted me, I hadn't actually stayed at Ca Savio myself it was my Sister. I went out of my way to ring her and get as much info from her that I thought would be of help to you.

If I ask someone for their help or advice and they are kind enough to help, the very least I can do is say THANK YOU!
Hi Shell, :oops: :oops:

Thanks for the info, it got me wondering and have been trying to get further info while also trying to work etc.

It was the thought of those mossies that is putting me off. was looking for alternative sites in that area as I have flights booked with Ryanair and discovered they are changing their charges regarding luggage. So was trying to find out about that also. Trying to keep this holiday thing hassle free, so a public apology to you. A pm would have served as a reminder :oops:
Hi ballymac,

Thank you it's much appreciated :D Yes I probably should have pm'd you but I've helped out before without a thank you and I guess you got the brunt of it so sorry I shouldn't have lost my temper.

Anyway, if there are any more questions I can help you with with regard to Ca Savio, I am more than happy to help :D

My Sister did stress that the mozzies were a nightmare :?

Kind regards

Shell :D
Hi,
My sister stayed at the site just down the road called Union Lido. The site was very highly recommended and is generally regarded as one of the best in Italy with so many activities for all the family. She didnt mention the mossies however, with all campsites, particularly during the summer months they generally are problem which is unavoidable. She also flew but didnt hire a car. In fact one of the reasons for her going to that area was that everything is easily accessable by public transport, including Venice. In regards to companies, I have never personally heard of Roan. I can highly recommend Canvas holidays though-they are much cheaper, and in my view, a much better, more organised company than the 'big two' Keycamp and Eurocamp and it is possible to get early booking discounts.
Hi

We are thinking about booking here for next year but have a question about the pools.

We ahve children ranging from 15 down to 4.Obviously the 4 year old would be in a kids pool but the older ones would like an adult depth pool[As would we].Are they next to each other or will we have to do a lot of compromising?
No but found it on Google Earth 45 26 52 29 N 12 27 48 98 E is the location of the two pools side by side

Google map

HTH

:tup
Thanks for the reply but have decided on Italy. :)
I actually managed the ca savio site for Haven Europe in ITALY!!! Ca Savio itself is very quiet, the beaches are sandy and clean but also pebbles in places. Most of the sites are Mafia run, as is this one so have very strict time curfews for closing and opening of the site. The site I was on was vast set in a forest and shared by many other tour operators. All camping and caravaning, but some really luxurious vans. Gets very very busy high season. :tup :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.