Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
There may be some hotels that have entertainment but it will be quite low key, perhaps someone playing a guitar/piano etc. Normally in Italy people stroll up and down maybe stop in a pavement cafe for a drink or spend the evening in a restaurant eating a meal. Evenings are normally spent outside. I have been going to Italy for over forty years now and often go to Northern Italy for a long weekend (I live just a few hours drive away) and have rarely stayed anywhere with entertainment. I expect it does exist in some hotels but it's not very common and as for excursions at night I haven't experienced anything of the sort though tour companies may organize some trips out.

Judith
Not often - you will need to do as the locals do - the passeggiata, which means an evening stroll downtown enjoying a large icecream sundae in a café and watching the world go by!!
Have you thought about Lake Garda? The big tour operators often have entertainment in their hotels there. When we were staying in Limone (a few years ago) there were hotels which had music on the terraces, and boat trips from other resorts to Limone in the evenings. Lots of excursions on offer from Milan to the Dolomites.
kate
Oh yes! I come from Riccione and some Hotels here use to entertain their guest with music, with comedians folk dances..at least, once a week, they organize special dinner in countryside farms: typical products, best Italian cuisine, ancient recipes and local traditions.
If not in your hotel, here in Riccione, but also in every Summer holiday destination, you can find many rendez-vous, live concert, kermesses, rural feast, vintage markets and so on

;)

Bye bye
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.