Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Currency Help!
4 Posts
Nia

It depends on the particular card so go online and check yours out. If necessary telephone Customer Services.
Usually you should have no problems but it would be wise to just inform your card supplier before you travel that you will be using it in Greece just in case there is an automatic security block on any unusual transactions.

Some such as Nationwide specifically state on their web-site that you do NOT need to notify them for 2 of their cards but they also give general advice that you should always consider taking more than one method of payment when you travel abroad, e.g. debit card, credit card, cash and travellers' cheques.

We always take a few hundred euros in cash as well.

Dennis
Thank you for your reply. I have informed my bank and given them the dates we are there so hopefully all will be ok.

Thank you very much

Nia :tup :cheers
We always take a bit of currency with us, but the rate is much better on sidari strip, last year it was 1.08 here and on the strip it was 1.18 at best some days, never went below 1.16, loads of cash points, the one by the hairdressers is the best!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.