Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
going to menorca next month..........
staying at the sa caleta playa appartments, can anyone tell me what to expect....

many thanxs pompsadaisy xx
We have reviews of these apartments HERE

luci :wave
hello i went to these apartments last year and was just wandering who are the reps for this hotel and is emilio, alberto and juan still there
We stayed there last year from mid-September to the beginning of October and they are very good apartments - highly recommended. They aren't 5 star at all, but have the basics you will need (kitchenette is small, but useable).

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves - but if you are staying there for more than a week you will need to venture to one of the other resorts to keep yourselves amused as the commercial centre just up the road is OK, but there isnt that much choice of restaurants so you could become pretty bored. We hired a car from the commercial centre round the corner which was cheap and explored the island - much better than paying for one of the excursions because we did that and it would have saved us money just making our own way about at our own pace. A trip down to Cala n Bosch was very good - some very nice restaurants down there with a great view of the marina.

Am sure I read reviews from this year praising Emilio and Alberto, so I think they are still there. I did ask Alberto last year if he was going to be there this year and he said he would be.
I got back from staying at these apartments ( 2 adults 2 teenagers) last friday and as has been said these apartments are not five star but overall we had an enjoyable stay.
When we arrived it was around 8pm and we found our room had only three beds made - we asked at reception and when we got back to our room after a quick meal, the other bedding had been left on the couch.

Alberto is still around and does a great job entertaining the adults aswell as the children with lots of games for all to join in - he also had a girl helping her but I dont remember her name, she was no way as good as Alberto and I heard many guests comment that she seemed bored and not enthusiastic.
The only problems we had were the hassle with trying to get a sunbed.
Towels were put out by 7.30am although you didnt see many people around until 9 or 10 am . We spoke to the rep and he said the hotel had tried to ressolve the problem many times but nothing worked . He said there were 2 sunbeds per apartment but most took more - including families with children that didnt even use them.He suggested that if we found a sunbed with a towel on that wasnt used for half an hour then we should fold the towel up and use the sunbed ourselves.

The second problem was the time it took to get a drink at the bar .The bar staff were good but there werent enough of them . Also the seating around the bar was limited .

We had a very relaxing time - but on reflection one week might have been better as we found there was nothing to do on rainy days
Alberto is great, my kids loved him! I spent 2 weeks staying here with my 2 kids and thoroughly enjoyed it. The bus at the top of the road is cheap, comfy and reliable and gets you to the busier resorts in about 20 mins or so. The beach at Cala'n'bosh (excuse my spelling) was wonderful. Evening entertainment was fun, but yes hard to get a seat unless you're an early bird.
Kitchen tiny!! But I managed to make a curry a couple of times so therefore, adequate lol. Anyone off to Sa Caleta Playa is on the whole in fir a treat, so sit back and relax
If anyone has stayed here and not written a review would you please do so via Luci's link above.

Many thanks :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.