Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Hi Madmadge

I was a member on there until very recently but they stopped posting my threads for some un-known reason, I did ask them several times as to why but they wouldn't tell me so I won't touch that site again I'm afraid. I thought I would try on here as I've had very good recomendations before and hopefully my posts won't go missing

thanks for the reply tho

John
oh ok thats strange isnt it good look im sure someone will reply :wave:
Heppy wrote:
Hi All

Going camping in September and can't decide where to stay in Devon. Ideally I would like to stay somewhere near Salcombe/Hope cove area. Does anyone have any recomendations for campites in this area or anywhere else that might be suitable in Devon. I don't really want a big site ie Haven but prefer the smaller more secluded sites, Our daughter will be only 10 months old so somewhere where we can't annoy everyone

Thanks in advance

John

Hi John

In your own tent I presume
Then try the Camping and Caravanning Club here as a member you could access their Certified site network (CS's as members refer them as)
These are only allowed 5 units (tents, caravans, or Motor-homes) and can be very economical
whats more if you use Tom Tom they have POI's so you can navigate to them too

Some can be a little out of the way BUT they are usually quiet and very friendly

As a balance for Caravanners there is the Caravan Clubs Certified Location network which does the same but caravans, folders, and motor homes only
Hi Gray

Thanks for the reply. I managed to find a small site called North Upton near Bantham beach, only as 12 pitches for tents so just what we were looking for. nice and quiet and near the sea

John
Heppy, that`s a site we`ve never come across, looks lovely, might give it a go, we didn`t think there was a site for tourers so close to Bantham and Bigbury-on-Sea.
Hi, I've visited the area loads of times as my Grandma used to live and work in Kingsbridge but I've not yet been camping in Devon, we always seem to end up in Cornwall !!
I can't find any reviews for North Upton, I've tried all the usual sites and even posted on here but no joy, There's some on their own web site and they are very positive so we thought we'd give it a go. I've looked on Google Earth and it's very close to Bantham and the sea.
Do they still have the big tractor thing for when the tide comes in at Bigbury, I used to love that when I was a kid.

John
We haven`t been to Bigbury for quite a while, but as far as I know the tractor`s still there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.