Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hello
Is there nobody out there who cares about my visit to Rome or is it that very few disabled people use this site. I have changed my mind about June and am now going to go in September I hope. It would be nice if somebody could be bothered to reply to me.
Ann
Members generally respond very quickly if they are in a position to assist. But with that last post Ann, you might just have scared off anyone who did feel inclined to help.

David
Sorry never been to Rome, some people must have been but often they will look in the country specific forum and not in the disability one. Yoc could try asking over in the other forum and someone might see..
Hello
Its great to have a response. Didnt mean to scare anybody, just a bit disappointing looking in and finding nothing. I will look in the other group but since I'm new I didnt know if they would have anything about accessibility.
Ann
Hi Annby,

I don't know if this will help, but if you go to http://www.tripadvisor.com and type in "rome wheelchair" to their search facility, they have 8 reviews by wheelchair users. I haven't been to Rome, but understand how hard it is to access this kind of information as I regularly holiday with my sister who has cerebral palsy and is confined to a wheelchair.

Needless to say we have encountered some interesting situations over the years! :shock:

Good luck. :gluck
Hi Gypsy
Thanks for your suggestions. I am going to look through them and will let you know of I find anything I like
Ann
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.