America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
You will clear Immigration at your first point of entry which is Atlanta. Once you have done that you will collect your luggage from the carousel, go through Customs, which is often just a Customs Officer who collects you blue Customs form, then you either place your luggage on a belt or in a designated area. You don't have to queue up to check it in again.

You will arrive at T1 at McCarran which is the main terminal. There are signs to the taxi rank and even though there may be a massive queue, it moves quickly and there is a Taxi Marshall keeping everything in order.

A taxi to the Monte Carlo should be about $20 + tip and take about 10-15 mins. Make sure you tell the driver "No tunnel thank you" and if they ask which way, say "Swenson". Do not under any circumstances tell them it is your first time as some driver are notorious for long hauling passengers and taking them unnecessarily through the tunnel/freeway which can bump the fare up to $30.

The fare back to the airport will be less as there is no airport fee.

luci :wave
Thank you so much Luci! I have a feeling these next 4 weeks are going to be painfully slow!
coolsox2003uk wrote:
I have a feeling these next 4 weeks are going to be painfully slow!

Not as painfully slow as it will take to get through Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson :really
Yes it took us 2 hours in april from stepping off the plane to walking out of the airport doors. Two hours :really
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.