Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Wasps in corfu
8 Posts
Didn't see any more in Corfu in August than I've seen anywhere else. Mind, it's years since I was there in August although we've been to a few other Greek islands in August and I can't say I've noticed them being a problem.

Just found this for you that might put your mind at ease about the wasps in August.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=148346&p=1492114&hilit=wasps#p1492114
its not the wasps that are a problem- its the damn mosquetos- make sure you take plenty of repellents/plug ins.

belly
Now I'm confused, :think , as other review sites, holiday makers, say that the fruits that are ripe in August cause a lot of wasps to gather! So has anyone else been to Corfu in August and has experienced any problems with wasps? I just want to be prepared as I hate them. :(
yes I have been in august- and honestly apart from the odd one or 2 flying around (No more than here in uk)- I never found a problem with wasps.

Like I mentioned its the mosqutos (sp?)- that are the real problem- the first year I went i didn't bother with any plug ins- repellents , etc--- by the time i went home I must have been bit 50 times- and I,m not joking! Even on my face- the blisters were the size of a 50p- I resembled the elephant man!

The 2nd year i went i was prepared! Took 3 plug ins for the room- fly spray (A tip from a local)- spray your room before you go out in a morning, and again in the evening, and if there are any in your room (Due to patio doors been open)- it will get rid of them. Also I swear by avon skin so soft- spray that all over after a shower on an evening, and they will keep well away- I got the mosqueto bands from £1 shop for my ankles- (and avail for wrists too), put them on before bed (As an extra precaution), and we bought the candles in corfu for a couple of euros, and when we went out for a meal in the evening, we lit it, and left under the table (to keep them from nibbling on our ankles). I know it sounds a pain- but i did not get bit once- so do go prepared!

belly
Yes you have to have the anti mosquito precautions. I also swear by the Avon sss woodland fresh and so does my son who was bitten badly in Corfu before he started using it. I also use a plug in before leaving the room and overnight.
Great idea of having a candle with you to put under the table while your out and about in the evening, will definatly get prepared and order the avon product as well. thanks. feeling a little better now about the wasps. :)
I ordered my skin so soft the week after i got back from my holidays last year! 6 bottles- was so worried it may be discontinued!! :)

belly

Ps They are often on sale for half price- so look out for that offer- or try ebay - iv just had a quick look £5.71 for 3 bottles with free postage! (blue coloured bottle)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.