Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
WASPS
7 Posts
the later in the summer you go the more the wasps are a pest, i would recommend early June to July to avoid them mostly.
Blimpy - might be best to decide where you fancy and when you'll be going and then ask as some places we've been we've found OK and others not.

We always go in Sept, FYI -
OK - Lesvos, Kefalonia, Zante, Crete
NOT - Halkidiki (pestered to death on the beach when you were trying to eat and I was also stung quite badly when we went out biking one day as one got stuck in my helmet!)
bimpy Do not post in caps see terms of posting.....
1) Do NOT post in all CAPITALS - Your post WILL be deleted.
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.
3) Do NOT post in all Bold - Your post WILL be deleted

future post will be deleted

wizard
We were in Kafelonia from 22/08/06 to 05/09/05 and the wasps spoiled it for me, you couldnt enjoy a meal in the day they were everywhere.
We go to the mainland in Sept and the main trouble we have from the wasps is protecting our beer from them. What we usually do is pour a bit into an ashtray which we then put on an empty table. They all go off and get drunk before drowning in the beer. At least they die happy :)
my friend and i stayed in zante oct 05... and i was terrorised by the wasps...im sure they were out to get me, so one day at our hotel i left half a glass of fizzy orange on a table beside us, and within 20 mins there were 11 wasps dead.... not gonna waste my beer! :lol:

i must admit tho, if anything would put me off going back, it would have to be the wasps... but, maybe a different time of year, i would be ok! :roll:

it is a beautiful country!

clare x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.