Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hi Doe
We visited Cartagena 2 years ago and thought it was well worth it. We were staying north in Los Alcazares (returning this year).
We travelled to Los Nietos (on N332) got on local train (low cost), travelled thru villages and over hill to Cartagena, very enjoyable.
Walked to harbour, enjoyed that, went on Harbour cruise and Bus tour around town. Excellent. Really filled the day. Quick walk around shops then back to bus station for return trip (could have used train again). A great day, very hot whilst sightseeing. Only downside is thta cruise liners stop there, so flooded with toursists, long queue for sightseeing bus.
Hope this gives a flavour.
Regards
Chris
Hi Chris

Many thanks for your reply as it's hard to get infomation on this part of Spain. Dont suppose you know if there are any dedicated websites on this area of Spain ? We are staying at Club la Manga, not for the facilities, just because we can get high quality apartments at decent prices at the moment, presumably a combination of oversupply in the Spanish rental market and the general downturn in Europe.

Only managed a week last year as had other holidays and feel there is a lot more in the area we would like to see and explore. Last year we visited Murcia for the day, also hot in the height of summer & I thought Cartagena might be a good bet for this year. Might visit Los Alcazares as well if we can drag ourselves away from the pool as always on the lookout for suitable places for future holidays, maybe eat there. Last year we ate at Los Belones & Cabo de Palos a few times, we also went on La Manga strip one evening which was frantic during August, but it was great to be there when all the Spanish were on their holidays, good atmosphere.

cheers, Doe :sun2
Doe

We go in September and went across to La Manga strip last year by ferry from LA. Thought it was too modern and built up for us. La Manga club does look good though.As you say lots of deals on all golf type complexes these days. Do you book direct with owners or via Club La Manga. If you eat in LA go to Rosalinds for a terrace dining experience. Book though as very popular. Robelar restaurant, slightly out of town is high quality, and expensive.

Enjoy

Chris
Thanks for the restaurant recommendations :tup Yes that strip is a nightmare, wonder what the town planners were thinking off when they agreed all that construction?

I booked with James Villas they has an offer , booked before 31st Jan, get free basic car hire & free travel insurance. Car was worth about £200 & I would have had to buy insurance as it's for a party of 5 so was worth 80ish quid to us.

I did price up the 5 flights that James Villas have allocated (Thomson) the apartment on a couple of web-sites & a car & it was similar so thought I would go with a 'name'.

Only thing I worry about with private apartments many owners advetise on multipule websites & I think the potential for double bookings is there, my rational is that with a TO if that happens they will just find me a simiar one in a similar area.

Might be over cautious, but this happened to me with a villa in Frigiliana a couple of years back but because I was with Cosmos they found me another on their books.

Do you book Los Alcazares privately there seems to be alot of accomodation on the various websites ?

Doe :sun2
Doe
Yes we do book privately via Villarenters/Owners Direct/ Holiday Lettings or Holiday Rentals.
Been OK so far but Yes it could be a risk.
Looked at James Villas this year due to the package they offer. Would love to pick up one of their last miniute/very late deals.
I'm all for a bargain but I do like some certainty, especially as good holidays are so important. Probably one of the best items we purchase = lifetime memories.
Regards
Chris
Many thanks AVH I look forward to investigating that site.

I hope you have a great holiday Chris :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.