Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
wow! That definitely looks upmarket! We did all the things you did- the hop on off bus was good. Looking forward to the next bit- as I would like to do that if we ever get back :)
It really was just like the pictures, equally as good as a 5* hotel.
sorry forgot to mention that I trawled through HT before going to SA and found all of your posts on SA was it in 2009?, I think it was your trip report back then that made me want to visit the country. Thanks Fiona
it is also in a great position to make the most of the views. Probably too expensive for me :) Judith- I remember how interested you were. I hope it was as good as you expected!
Better Fiona. I had like many people who visit SA received lots of warnings from family and friends about it being the murder capital of the world. But to be honest I never felt at all unsafe, of course we were careful as you have to be in most places in the world nowadays. We were made to feel really welcome everywhere, people chatted, smiled and said hello when we were out walking. We would like to return and feel quite happy about hiring a car and seeing more of the area on our own. Lovely country with wonderful scenery, so much to see we saw just one small corner.
well apart from the armed robbery we came across we never saw anything dangerous either :yikes :rofl
Waw judith, now that's what you call a guest house. Your room looks fab- it's huge :)

Looking forward to the next part of your report. I didn't realise S Africa was only 10.5 hours away. Where did you fly from?
Probably a bit less than from the UK Shirley, I flew from Frankfurt.

Judith
Judith, I'm having a senior moment. How long have I known you live in Germany? Only a few years isn't it? :rofl
Just a short time Shirley, only 41years, I left the UK when I was young and sweet, well the young bit is true :D
Fantastic Judith, what a guest house, what a view, lovely.

Glad you had a amazing time and hopefully we will be around long enough to see and read more about the trip :tup
Really enjoyed that read Judith - off to look at part 2 now. I agree about the guesthouse, it looks fab and those views are amazing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.