Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
the building is at the side of the playa bella and so affects only the views in that direction - which was formerly a bit of scrubland and then a row of houses.

sdII
:que hi would like to ask anyone if you know any thing about the building work going on near the playa bella apartments in ibiza , we are going there on hols at end of june, and have just recieved a letter about building work- we are annoyed as we were not told at time of booking, just wondered if anyone knows any thing about extent of it
Hi alfie ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic about the complex, you will see that the question was also raised here recently.

David :wave
there is a law in ibiza which prohibits heavy construction work where there are holiday hotels from may to october. last year the council in san jose actually closed down several sites which did not obey the law.

sdII
Has anyone stayed here? I am looking for a holiday which has everything around, i.e. bars, restaurants and beach all within walking distance, we go to corfu every year and where we stay everything is within minutes walking distance and entertainment every night of bingo, kareoke, quiz's etc, so we are looking for something similiar.

Are there any hills around or is it flat? As my dad has walking problems, still gets around, but struggles on hills.

Has anyone stayed here and know what the rooms are like, area, shops, restaurants etc. I have looked on first choice and it looks gorgeous and the kids club looks good.

We will be a family going, so want something for everyone of all ages.

Thank you.
resort is flat tell your dad.everything you need is within walking distance.the town area is a bit further to walk though.thats where the main action happens (west end bars).but its a nice area to see.day and night/well worth it.the hotel you have picked is in the bay area.loads of shop eating places bars ect.one long road
you can get to the town bit by getting a taxi bus or small ferry boat.thats where the bus station is to really get to other resorts if you wish.
That sounds brillient, thank you very much, so is it like one long strip with shops, bars, restaurants etc, cause that it was we are use to at corfu, my dad can walk ok, but not hills etc, and we need everything around us and for the kids.
was thinking of booking the above apartments, never been to ibiza before, so thought this would be a safe bet, but as I researched into it a little bit more,I have seen quite a few reviews saying the beach outside the apartments, is very very rocky, which of course I do not want.

Has anyone stayed here recently, and can they clarify this for me.

thankyou in advance
  • Edited by abby1954 2011-05-08 21:36:18
its a sandy beach far as i know.last time i walked on it years ago.there are other beaches you can go to nearby.
Playa Bella is on Xinxo beach, beach is sandy but there's a few rocky patches in the water. I stayed next door to Playa Bella a few times many years ago and the beach is ok but with so many great beaches around we tended to go elsewhere and when we go Ibiza now we stay either further round the bay or in other parts of the island.
It's not that far to walk to Port D'es Torrent (about a mile along the sea front, nice walk) which is also a sandy beach, with less rocks in water and the water drops off a bit deeper for swimming or alternatively get the water taxi from the jetty by the Milord hotel over to Cala Bassa or Conta (not sure if you have to go to town and change for Conta these days???).
Another option is get the bus which runs past Playa Bella to Cala Tarida, but do take water as the bus is very hot. Also, there are lot's of steps down to the beach but it's worth it as it's a lovely sandy beach. The bus now runs one way round the bay area so you get the bus on the road outside Playa Bella (not sure exactly where the stop is as I usually stay further down) but when you get off you will be on the top road (inland by a 100 yards or so) and need to walk down.
If you hire a car then just get out and about and see what beaches you stumble upon, 100's of 'em !!
would anyone recommend this hotel for a fussy mum and her family? ie me! me and hubby have 3 mad kids, they will be 10 and twins aged 3. Whats the sunbeds like? a mad dash to claim one in the morning??? Will it be busy with 18-30's folk??

To me, san antonio is for 18-30's holiday, but ive never been, its just the name that puts of mee lol.

Ill go check out various reviews just now, but basically looking for somewhere quite family orientated, close to bars(not clubs) and restuarants, the shops and beach without it being too rowdy.

EDIT - BOOKED!!!!
hi i didnt have any replies back in august and ive emailed the hotel but didnt get the reply i was looking for!

so... a question..

we have a 2 bedroomed apartment, and i see theres on 17 of them on the complex. ~does anyone know what view they have and what floor they are on??

Ive requested a pool/sea view as i dont fancy being above the street as ive 3 little ones, my eldest is disabled and needs a solid sleeping pattern and routine, this is why im desperate for a pool side balcony as it will be quieter.

any help/knowledge is appreciated thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.