Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Ah, thank you SO much Luci!

Much appreciated :kiss
ELAINE 1963 wrote:
Ah, thank you SO much Luci!

Much appreciated :kiss

You're welcome.

Did you see David's reply above as well?

luci :wave
Oh thanks Luci, I missed that! :duh

Thanks also David - to play it safe I am going to email the Embassy and ask the question and also take a phototcopied prescription and GP letter if they say that that is okay.

Thanks again

Elaine
http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/restricted_medication.html
there is an email address there. I emailed the MOH with my query as mine was a restricted drug. They did reply quickly( but i have no longer got it) just saying to take the perscription and a letter from my doctor, the medication should be in its original packaging and you can only take up to 3 months supply. I also took the email with me just to be on the safe side.
IMO the permission from the Dubai MOH was better than advice from the Embassy( but I did have a flap over it and was probably over cautious. )
Hi Fiona

It is infact the MOH I have emailed, not the Embassy! :duh

Sent it about an hour ago, and had my delivery receipt a few minutes ago, so hope to get a reply soon, as we go a week on Saturday!

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, as getting myself into a bit of a state!!!! :(

Best Regards

Elaine :wave:
Hi Everyone!

Well, after having received no reply from MOH - I was too frightened to take the risk of taking Diazapan - so decided to fly without it! I used Rescue Remedy, a small glass of red and half a cider - and got on that plane. A couple of brandy's once airborne and I was fine! So proud of myself - a total of 28 hours flying without a single tablet!

We flew with Emirates who were amazing, attending to our every need!

Had an absolutely fantastic time in HK! A holiday of a life-time!

Thank you all for your help!

Kind Regards

Elaine
Glad it all worked out and you had a great time Elaine :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.