Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Dubai Help
6 Posts
Not sure I can help other than give my opinion that I prefer creekside rather than the beach. Our first stay was at Hilton Dubai Creek. great hotel, rooftop pool and a shuttle to its sister hotel on the beach. We spent a day there but didn't go back. I have been around the area and much prefer where we stayed. Second time was to Arabian Courtyard. Loved that hotel and definitely would go back there. It has a pool which we used several times. Its right across from the museum. Their bar is great- live music and a good atmosphere and prices are good for Dubai.
Hi , the last few times we've mostly stayed on Jumeirah Beach , where The Walk is , it is a very popular area and desirable as its on the coast , we've stayed at the Doubletree there a couple of times and it's a great position , but felt that this time it was marred by the building work next door , they are building the new Dubai Eye opposite which is not a problem but now they are doing the foundations for the new Address hotel next to the doubletree . The marina hotels behind The Beach are very nice , it really does depend on your criteria , there are nice beach hotels a bit further out , there are great luxury hotels but pools end up being in the shade by the sheer density of skyscrapers , downtown hotels are cheaper and nearer attractions like the Dubai Mall and fountains and BK , eating in the malls is probably the cheapest options with vast choices , the hotels are more expensive but they have alcohol licences ( the malls on the whole don't ) we did actually stay also at Hilton Dubai Creek , lovely hotel and great rooftop pool although we had to share it with the Lancashire Cricket team who were warm weather training ( Dubai has outstanding sporting facilities for professional teams ) Dubai is extremely spread out , but taxis and transport is easy and cheap for a " city " quite a few inland hotels do have beach clubs that they shuttle to . It does really depend on what you want to do there and how long you will be there , if you want to sight see and experience attractions you will be paying a high price for beach situated hotels when you are out all day , for that money you can have great luxury a bit more inland and get around to see things .
Andy- I did think that if we had stayed at the beach , it was a bit far away for where we would want to go at night.
For during the day, there is the hop on/off bus which takes you to most places you would want to go to.
Yes , we found that going from the doubletree on Jum beach the walk to Dubai mall with attractions was about 30 mins by taxi and 50-60 AED ( 10. -12 £s ) but we had really nice meals outside viewing the fountains as we ate , really nice atmosphere and it's always best to go early midweek , it's very crowded at the weekend ( thu pm to sat pm ) also the beach hotels are very busy at the weekends with brunches and " locals " taking over the hotel restaurants and pools . The marina area has great restaurants for nighttime . You also see lots of deals for hotels on the Palm , it can time consuming getting about from there but the hotels look great , and often do HB for attractive rates , but again drink prices can be eye watering in those hotels
Just remembered a glass of coke ( about 250mls ) was nearly £5 at the doubletree hotel , yet a 500ml coke in mall supermarket was 2 AED about 40p
I think you are more or less isolated on the Palm. Too far from anything
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image