Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Having returned today from Cala N Porter, I can confirm that buses do not appear to travel direct from one resort to another..the only bus I could find from there was direct to Mahon..and then you can catch a bus from Mahon to other places such as Son Bou etc. Seems odd..but that is the way it is.

Cala N Porter is quiet and quite hilly so anyone with mobility problems would struggle. There are a few bars/restaurants/supermarkets and tat shops etc...but many places were closed as it was the end of the season and so we were restricted with choice in eating out etc. It is very pretty and the caves are nearby within walking distance. The beach is also pretty but to get to it from the town, there are 180 odd steps down. Most of the accomodation is built high up on the cliffs etc.

It is on the south coast and really to explore anywhere else, short of the rigmerole with the buses...you would need to hire a car. I think families with young kids wolud struggle to keep them amused to be honest if the facilities in the hotel were not much.

There are car hire places and a place where you can hire mopeds etc..

I will do a full report later.
I like Menorca but you do really need a car to get out and about.

Look forward to your report Val, thanks :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.