Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
I am positive it will be on a flight operated by a company such as Mombasa Air Safari (there might be others?)
More info including fleet pictures.

Mombasa Air Safari http://www.mombasaairsafari.com/General/fleet
That's great at least it gives me an example of what to expect. Thanks for your help

James
Hi I've been nosey and looked at the link (well my son went to Mombasa earlier this year that's why I was in this forum ;) )

I have travelled on small planes to the Channel Islands (Trislander), and my advice, if you go on one of the smaller planes in the fleet, is to take sweeties to suck on take-off and landing, and also ear plugs as it is likely to be very noisy. When it says the planes do not have a cabin attendant, this is because there are only 2 seats in a row and no aisle, so it's a bit like flying in half a coach or bus. Remember to keep your sunglasses and camera handy.
The kids loved these flights more than normal 737 type planes.
Have fun :)
Hi,
When we went in 2009, it was on one of the Let410 types and it was very noisy. Agree with Acorncup, definitely take earplugs and make sure you go to the loo as there isn't one on board :)

Also, we flew from Mombasa to Ukunda & then up to somewhere up the coast from Bamburi before flying to the Masai Mara to pick up other passengers, but at least we could get off and grab a cold drink.

Have a great time, the Mara's a lovely place :cheers
Hi thanks for the replies, it looks like we will be flying from ukunda air strip so it will more than likely be the let410. Fine by me :) but my wife is slightly worried.

James
Depending on what way you depart Ukunda you will get some lovely views of the lovely sandy beach and Indian Ocean just as you take off so have your camera ready :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.