France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I don't think you'll be happy to read this, but I think you have left it too late to find a restaurant open on Christmas Day. Many restaurants in France close then having been up all night on 24 December. You will be lucky to find somewhere, and you may find that you can only book a fixed menu, at a fixed time and for an eyewaterinly high price.

Your best bet is to see what your hotel can recommend, and if it has a restaurant you might be able to book to eat there.

Otherwise, you might like to consider having a gourmet picnic in your room .... smoked salmon, foie gras, cheese and chocolates with champagne etc. French delicatessens are particularly delicious at this time of year.

Another place to try would be the Paris Tourist Office ... but act NOW. It's already too late in my part of the world for most of the restaurants I know.
There's a list of restaurants reportedly open on Christmas Day here (with links to their websites) , but as Alsacienne says you may have left it too late:-

http://goparis.about.com/od/foodanddining/a/Paris-Restaurants-Open-For-Christmas.htm
Hi Neil,

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas in Paris. I have heard a lot about Paris Christmas and New year celebration, but could never got a chance to go there to attend these occasions.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.