Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Symi
11 Posts
Haven't been Betty but I did some research once for someone who wanted to go and it looked lovely :tup (Sorry I'm not much help lol)
;) thanks Glynis! I've heard it is supposed to be on par with Paxos..which we loved! Been to most of the Greek islands now - so really looking forward to visiting a new one!
I'm sure rpbristol will help you out its virtually his second home!
Well yes, I suppose I do go there quite often! I am getting the hang of the place now after c. 17 visits.
We all like doing different things, fortunately. We walk a lot, go on the all-day boat trips with swimming and BBQ, sit in a harbourside bar and watch the boats (until my Wife finds me), eat and drink in the splendid restaurants and bars.
The Symi Dream website is written by a long term expat and is very useful. His section on "What to do on Symi" should give you plenty of ideas. HERE
:tup :kiss thank you SO much! Will have a look once the alcohol has worn off in the morning! xx
I've heard the boat bbq is supposed to be excellent - is it the Poseidon? A friend said it was the best food she'd had. We're staying at Taxiarchis Apts. ;) Off to check out that site! Many thanks!
Both the Poseidon and Diagoras do the BBQ boat trips and they are fun, one of the high spots of our visits. The food is very good (and plentiful) and white wine and retsina flows.. There are usually 3 or 4 swimming stops and everyone is then rewarded with an ouzo, coffee or retsina . A few photos from last year and this year
:oops: bit of a problem....I can't swim :rofl that's why I made sure both boys were lifeguards to supplement their grants when at uni :rofl Used to be brilliant when they came away with us...my own two personal lifeguards! LOL! Will check links out in mo...many thanks! xxx
Just a few questions please. Can anyone give me an idea of prices on Symi, at the moment and is it best to go SC or AI?
If you get the chance to go to Panormitis Monastery, take it, it's fascinating.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.