Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Rachael,
The boat for Symi does leave from Rhodes Town at around 9 in the morning and the best way of booking the trip from Lindos, is to use one of the travel offices in the village. If you book the excursion from them they'll include a return coach transfer and ensure you get to the harbour in time.
The boat times do vary a bit from day to day. It is worth checking the timetables for the day you plan to travel. The Symi II is pretty regular and leaves from Mandraki. The Symi (from Kolonna Harbour) is on charter at the moment so also does Marmaris trips. The Nikolaos tends to follow the Symi II times and lives next door in Mandraki. Tickets may be bought from the desk on the harbourside next to either boat. Both the Symi II and Nikolaos leave Yialos Harbour in Symi at 16:00 and will have a board telling you when to return to the boat.. Don't be late, they won't wait.

Check the ANES timetable HERE

There are also the faster Dodek catamarans, the Pride and Express but they have a different timetable altogether. They are twice the speed (about 50 minutes from Rhodes) and twice the price but avoid Panormitis, which saves you a couple of hours jouney time. They also leave from Kolonna harbour which is next door to Mandraki. The Dodek evening boat from Symi to Rhodes leaves from Yialos clock tower at 17:50.

Check their timetable HERE
Thats really helpfull, thanks. We fly out on the 24th june, her birthday is on 5th July, so we've got a while to suss things out. I know what you mean about it being a tiring day doing the trip and night out.
Im wondering is it best to just pop down to the harbour and get a boat ourselves or get an organised trip.
Really like the idea of a rooftop restaurant - loving that idea :cheers .
Is there tour operators in lalyssos that do excursions? We never book with the rep, always go with a local firm. Usually much better and loads cheaper.
Also, i know, i do go on, but is there anywhere i could maybe get here a manicure and pedicure in or around lalyssos or rhodes town. She'd like that me thinks :think .??
  • Edited by tipsy 2009-06-02 15:18:26
With you being closer to Rhodes Town tipsy you might as well just get the bus or take a taxi to the harbour, an excursion normally includes a coach transfer and you don't really need it.

Some of the bigger hotels in Ixia have a spa on site and you don't need to be resident to book a treatment... they'll glady take anybody's money! Quite a few beauty salons in Rhodes Town too, i know my sister's been to one on 28th October Street.
thanks so much, you are all so helpful on here.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.