Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
German Markets
3 Posts
I go to a German Xmas market almost every year, for the last few years, and so far have been to: Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Stuttgart twice, plus a trip to the Ludwigsburg market from Stuttgart.

So far my favourite is Stuttgart. Cologne is also meant to be very good and that's where I'm going this year. Others that I've been recommended by my German family, (as much for the city as the market), are Dresden and Leipzig. Of my above list Dusseldorf inspired me the least.

To help you make up your mind, I've always found this website useful:
http://www.germany-christmas-market.org.uk/

So far, as I only go for 2 or 3 nights, I book according to where I can fly to directly from my nearest airport. Not sure where you're going from or how long for and how much this would influence your decision.

Once you've decided, or got a shortlist, if it's somewhere in Germany I know anything about, I'll try and answer any other questions you may have.
I've been to quite a few. Nürnberg is probably the most famous, it covers a large area and gets very crowded especially on weekends. Cologne is pretty good as is Berlin. I was disappointed with the Munich market. I haven't been to the Stuttgart one but will be visiting it at the beginning of December.

Only problem with the markets is they are extremely crowded at weekends,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.