Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Markets
11 Posts
try the saturday night market. i loved it.
do you know i cant remember i think its up near baga any taxi driver will take you, just say take me to the night market, another one is anjuna market its on a wed but be warned it gets packed so go early morning .
no problem :) enjoy your trip. wish it was me goin back again. have to wait till nov now as hubbie just had a hip replacement and they wont let us fly for 12 weeks , but sure it will come round soon enuff :)
The daytime flea market at Anjuna, on Wednesdays is worth a visit. I have heard that The Saturday Nite Market, formaly Ingos, in Arpora is now up and running. IMHO the atmosphere, food choice, and entertainment is better than Makies the other one .
For a local market, the biggest is in Mapusa, every day, but busiest on Fridays.

xx lassi
[quotI have heard that The Saturday Nite Market, formaly Ingos, in Arpora is now up and running.e]

lassiegirl, i thought the arpora market was makies :que i was there last april and told by my taxi driver that ingos was not open at the time. since then it seems ingo has been selling pitches for a 'new' market at an 'undisclosed' location :think it could be my mistake though...after a few honeybee's....if not i shall find a new taxi driver when i arrive next thursday :cheers
haymans - My opinion is to visit Mackies Saturday night market (seeing that it's your 1st time) It is just like Ingos but on a smaller scale. It is situated at the other side of the Marina Dourhada hotel. All taxi drivers know it. There you will find a selection of market stalls selling everything from spices to belts,bags,statues,clothing etc.. There are also some very good food stalls with a good choice from Indian snacks, Tandoori, to hot beef and mustard sandwiches. You will also find a main drinks bar which is well stocked and not over priced. The main stage area has live bands on, ranging from Rock to Indie and Indian. Performers are normally sword swallowers,juggling,fire eaters,strong man etc.. There is plenty of seating and tables at this place, and also very well kept toilets. Very easy also to locate your waiting taxi nearby - a good night not to be missed !! Get there for 7pm until winding down time, about midnight.
Anjuna on Wednesdays is an experience to see the massive outlay of the place - get there as early as possible to avoid the heat of the day ! Goods to buy are what you will get at Mackies (time to start haggling !!)
Gooroo, looks like we will be there at the same time.
We arrive Feb 2nd.
There appears to be a few HTers at the Silver sands during this time.
AJ will point us out if you ask for Derrick and Evelyn.
Just so I don't confuse folk - I've changed my name from haymans to Goooroo :)
Seems the Silver Sands is v popular Del!

Thanks for the markets advice spike :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.