Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Markets
15 Posts
Ingo's, without Ingo, has been open now for almost a month. Reports say it is thriving and just like everyone expects it to be.

Mackies has not been open all season (or last?)
There is a rumour that the Police closed the last Saturday Night Market late in the evening but cant confirm

Me
Thanks johnny 5 & Meagan,
Ingo's it is then - A new experience for us as we've never been. Do you know if it's walkable from Arpora?
Kevin
It depends on where you are staying. Marinha Dourada, yes if you are "keen", Riveira de Goa, across the road, Renton Manor, probably not.
Arpora, like many villages here covers a large area.
There is a Friday night market at the Hilltop in Vagator now, been open about a month, not many stalls but they had live music on.
thanks J 5,
Marinha Dourada it is, and Yes, we're keen!
Hello Feelthevibe. I'm sure I've seen The Hilltop 'en passant' to Mordrem?
In your opinion which would be the best market to Feelthebass?
J5 Marina Dourada to Saturday Market walking!!

First timers, dark with no lighting, no pavements, bumper to bumper traffic with idiots on scooters coming up the inside.

Glad it's not me :D
J5 Marina Dourada to Saturday Market walking!!

First timers, dark with no lighting, no pavements, bumper to bumper traffic with idiots on scooters coming up the inside.

Glad it's not me :D

Not at all a problem, Waterproof, because...............you go the other way! You would need to be very stupid to go on the main road, its twice as far anyway.
Come out of Marinha Dourada, turn left towards Baga, over the little bridge and opposite the old Mackies Market turn right. This is the shortcut to Anjuna. Continue on, keeping the water to your right and soon you will pass Sun Village, then the back of the Little Baga development. Just after that is a turn off to the right, scooters and people only with a bridge across the water and shortly you will emerge opposite the temple next to the Market. Had you not turned off you woul eventually come out by Orchard Stores on the way to Anjuna Market.
Yes no lighting like most of the rest of Goa, but no need for pavements, no traffic to speak of, and hopefully, no idiots?
At night a good torch will be needed - but that is advisable anywhere out of the main town areas anyway for safety. A good one can be bought in Mapusa (DJ's near the Police Station, 3-400 rupees, rechargeable and very powerful, enough for night shooting!)
As it is a pleasant stroll in daylight, why not suss it out first?
Having spotted that road on previous visits we were wondering where it went, and now we know!
Thanks again J5!!!
Couldn`t comment on the acts at Arpora night market as I gave up on that a few years ago but the band on at the Hilltop were top notch with a more traveller orientated crowd and a lot quieter than Arpora. You will be safe on the road J5 mentioned as I and my bike have been put away for the next couple of years leaving it a crazy free zone :tup
I and my bike have been put away for the next couple of years leaving it a crazy free zone

Blimey, FTV, you make it sound as if you've been locked up! And the bike..........
So are you not coming for the next couple of years (or have I missed something?)
Ahhh now that's the better way to the market - first timers would not know that road and would probably have followed the traffic. :wave:
mackies did open last saturday for a few hours, hardly anyone there but the panachyt and police with sheilds came and shut it!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.