Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Well I have just had a look at the three resorts I go to when I go to the Algarve and it is more or less the same as my last report. S/C is sunny with cloud.
Lagos 17c S/C. Albufeira 21c S/C. Tavira 22c S/C.

So Tavira wins again but only just and just to let you all know in Wigston Leic's it is also 17c but with cloud.

Dave.
22 is just nice Dave. I looked at Costa Del Sol where we are going in about 2 weeks and this Fridays temp is coming up at 91deg :( I certainly hopes it cools down a bit :yikes
I hope you mean 91f and not c Glynis or it will be to hot you will have to stay in the pool with just your head out with a hat on.
We are going to Madeira in December for three weeks (Christmas and New Year). Do we need lots of winter-type clothes ?
Hello Pantich77, went there some years ago same time new year had a great week, weather was warm rather than hot, still had some days round the pool. It was there I found out how cold the pools can be, lots of kids playing in it, so did a dive strait in, what a mistake I swam to the other side and never went in again, I could have had a heart attack.

If I were you take a pullover/jumper or light coat for the nights and if you go up the hills on those walks and you can never be sure if it will rain or not as it does at that time of the year.

Good trip to go on is the west side of the island, and the fire works on new years eve are the best I have seen.

Have a great time,
Dave.
the real holidaymaker wrote:
Hello Pantich77, went there some years ago same time new year had a great week, weather was warm rather than hot, still had some days round the pool. It was there I found out how cold the pools can be, lots of kids playing in it, so did a dive strait in, what a mistake I swam to the other side and never went in again, I could have had a heart attack.

If I were you take a pullover/jumper or light coat for the nights and if you go up the hills on those walks and you can never be sure if it will rain or not as it does at that time of the year.

Good trip to go on is the west side of the island, and the fire works on new years eve are the best I have seen.

Have a great time,
Dave.

Thx Dave ! Sounds like weather on Gran Canaria where I was last December ! Water in pool was really cold :)
Small update to the weather at this time of year, we have just come back from a weeks holiday in Tavira on the Algarve and it was nice and hot in the 80s for the first 4 days and then a bit cooler for the last 3 but I still went out in a t shirt or shirt every night. it got dakk about 7.30 the first night but was just after 7 the last night we were there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.