Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
My favourite chill out holiday destination :tup
PS You dont need to pack a cossie for the beach ;)
There's pools on the complex so am taking one - just in case ;)

Am dithering a bit over which jacket to take :think Linen, denim or cardie.
PS You dont need to pack a cossie for the beach ;)

Glynis you had better pack some form of support, don't want you tripping over :rofl
I'm back.

We flew out from East Midlands airport and what a nice little airport. Smoking is allowed airside right at the bottom towards gate 18, turn left and out of the door. On our return, at passport control, the lady on the desk was very pleasant and asked if we'd enjoyed our holiday.

On arrival at Fuerteventura, our flight was 40mins early and the airport was deserted. Even the office where we were to register for our transfers was closed because we were early :rofl We eventually set off for our resort and of course the first thing that hits you is how barren the Island is. It's been a good few years since I've been to the Canaries so it's easy to forget how dry it is.

Had a lovely time and I liked Corralejo. The harbour was lovely and a couple of times we popped into the local fish restaurant on the harbour for fried squid with lemon which was delicious and well worth €4.50. There's a long Main Street with lots of shops and places to have a drink or bite to eat. Lots of little shops and restaurants with lovely sea views down towards the Old Town also.

Prices around the island I thought were reasonable. We shopped in the local Spar supermarket where I got 6 rashers Spanish bacon €1, 1/2 doz eggs 95c, loaf €1, and a large quantity of Tropical lager at €1.07 for a large bottle :tup Lager in the pubs was approx €2.50.

We called in The Phoenix a couple of times ( won the music quiz :pele, and our prize was a plastic torch :rofl ) What a lovely couple the owners, Chris and Peter were, really helpful and considerate. Top marks.

We didn't eat out a great deal but did have a lunchtime meal in Gordon Ramsey's on the beachfront. My friend and I got surf and turf which consisted of a lovely cooked piece of sirloin steak and 2 garlic prawns plonked on top :rofl was very nice though and cost €9.

I found Corralejo very clean, not at all rowdy, and the locals were pleasant and helpful. Would definitely return but would like to hire a car so that I could see more of the Island and the other resorts.
its not often that planes land so early is it? So is it a really quiet airport? I have never been to Fuerteventura but know someone who goes there every year for weeks at a time. The shop prices are surprisingly cheap I thought. Gordon Ramsays_ have been to Maze in London which I think is a little different.
Glad you enjoyed your unexpected holiday :D
It was like a ghost town Fiona. We landed about 12 midday. It's a nice airport, modern.

After you go through security there's an open terrace with a bar and lots of tables and chairs outside where, if you wish you can smoke or just get outside and top up your tan.

The lady on security was lovely too, smiling all the time & was extremely pleasant.
Midday?? I thought you might have arrived very early morning! Not many airports would be as quiet as that half way through the day
It was to ours, and a couple of others disadvantage as there wasn't anyone around to ask about our transfers. We eventually spoke to another driver who pointed us to the Las Palmas Bus office which was closed :que We had to wait around until practically our original arrival time before a lady came who explained the minibus would be along soon because we were early.
Looks really neat and clean- if that makes sense :)
I nearly missed this.... :oops:
It looks lovely Glynis - Typical Isla de Canarias scene :tup

I got 6 rashers Spanish bacon €1, 1/2 doz eggs 95c, loaf €1, and a large quantity of Tropical lager at €1.07 for a large bottle :tup Lager in the pubs was approx €2.50

Good prices - Bacon for a euro - you can't beat it - same price on the CDS - we had loads of bacon sarnies when we did SC.

It sounds like you had a nice relaxing time :tup

Sanji x
Thanks Sanji. I think out of all the Canary Islands Fuerteventura is my favourite :tup

Fiona, the complex was spotless, but Corralejo itself was very clean, very barren though & there's a few half built complexes on the way from the airport which can make you initially think :( but once in resort it was nice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.