Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kalamaki Zante
6 Posts
sports corner was a good lively bar when we were there 5 years ago. there are lots of bars all along the main strip. sorry i'm not much help we had a lovely mezze in zakanon also an italian i just cannot name. Milos is a greek restraunt . we didn't do any trips as the wife broke her foot the week before we went . we enjoyed it will be back just other places to see first .
the italian boroboy mentions is called buon amici, the sports bar is drunk corner, lots of great restaurants and bars to try, zepos and heavens kitchen are a favourite of ours, all depends what kind of bar you like.

A great trip would be the Kamelia boat trip, its a hydrofoil boat which does a bit of turtle spotting then goes to marathonisi (turtle island) with a bit of a swim stop then on to keri caves

Ive been going to kalamaki for the last 7 years, where are you staying? would give me an idea of restaurant and bars near to your hotel
We are staying at the Marelen Hotel....apparently there are no shops in Kalamaki so would also like to know where we can go to access the usual type of touristy shops selling handbags,belts etc.....also is there anywhere we can pick up duty free goods apart from the airport going home
whoever told you that there are no shops in kalamaki are totally wrong, there are quite a few dotted all over the resort, there is a really nice one called levantino about half way down the strip with 3 floors selling all kinds of jewellery/bags/ touristy stuff, plus a couple of leather shops selling shoes, bags etc.

There are several supermarkets that sell alcohol/cigarettes all depends what you want, some of the alcohol may be cheaper than airport some the same, cig prices are same all over greece as the price is set by government

Ive never stayed at the Marelen but i know people who have and theyve loved it, you will have a great time
Thank you so much for your reply....really looking forward to it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.