Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
But its from 4 years ago, so most likely has changed since then anyway. However it wasnt locked to prevent peoples opinions. It was an information type of thread.

People are welcome to put the comments on here and yes the press do go on about Brits abroad, mind you that seems to have calmed down over the last couple of years.

I've only been to Zante once to alykes about 4 years ago I think it was so most likely read Chris's posting for when we went.

So if you have more info thats gratefully received.

My younger daughter is fancying a greek holdiay next year so all opinions are helpful. :tup

Bev
we have been 3 times in the last 2 years

first to the Mediterranean Hotel in Lagana at the beginning of the season, there was some trouble with young Brits from university who had finished their exams, but the zero tolerance the local police were using worked as around 8 of them were deported after only 2 days on the island

second to the Diana Palace in Argassi.. unimpressed with the beach!!

and finaly last month to the Plygos Beach Hotel [this was not our choice but a family holiday so we had to please everyone]

we enjoyed all 3 holidays in different ways,

wizard
You get these negative reviews about all the popular resorts that have a few clubs in them... ie. the resorts that youngsters go to.

I've been to Kavos, Laganas, Faliraki, Malia, Ayia Napa, Hersonnissos, San Antonio (x4), Kardamena.... and they are all fine. I've been as an 18 year old with the lads and I've been there as a 30+ with g/f and I've had great holidays (very different, but great ;) )

I think some people forget that they were young once..
They do indeed,not only that though,some people despise anything they don't enjoy and dismiss as somehow inferior anyone who enjoys said things.

If it's too loud you're too old :hols
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.