France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
So confusing a lot of French drivers have never KNOWN about the law

Work that one out
..........let alone the blue disc parking rules!!! And these type of laws keep coming!!!
Alsacienne wrote:
..........let alone the blue disc parking rules!!! And these type of laws keep coming!!!

That'another thread altogether ;)
Its a bit old this but I'm commenting anyway..I'm led to believe that law was on hold???
Funny thing with me is I'm a teetotal motorcyclist so would never be drunk :D
What I'm confused about ( or im thick and missing something) is that the whole point is to not drink and drive and to do this you would use this little test kit to tell you if you are or are not right? So when you have done this on the basis it's before your stopped by the police would it be right to suggest that you have to carry two? Because if as they want you to do which is too not drink and drive then you will have used the kit yes and if you haven't used it you will be possibly be drinking and driving??
Confused?
I am :D
Lovecoachtravel wrote:
Its a bit old this but I'm commenting anyway..I'm led to believe that law was on hold???
What I'm confused about ( or im thick and missing something) is that the whole point is to not drink and drive and to do this you would use this little test kit to tell you if you are or are not right? So when you have done this on the basis it's before your stopped by the police would it be right to suggest that you have to carry two? Because if as they want you to do which is too not drink and drive then you will have used the kit yes and if you haven't used it you will be possibly be drinking and driving??
Confused?

Its Europe. Its not supposed to make sense. Don't you think this is one reason why over half of the parties standing in tomorrow's Euro election are anti Europe. Don't forgte the little Gnome who brought this law in also wanted cars to have breath test machines in. The car won't start until you have supplied it with a negative breath test!
Hi De Hi wrote:
Lovecoachtravel wrote:
Confused?

Its Europe. Its not supposed to make sense. Don't you think this is one reason why over half of the parties standing in tomorrow's Euro election are anti Europe. Don't forgte the little Gnome who brought this law in also wanted cars to have breath test machines in. The car won't start until you have supplied it with a negative breath test!

Anyway now you need not worry even if you do not carry a test there is now no fine so the Police can only tell you that you ought to carry them now

typical Frogglie cock-up just like their new trains but that's another story
LOL at the trains, I heard it on the radio news today.
Someone aat work was saying that the French have now dropped the breathalyser in the car law. Does anyone have any up to date info. Not that it matters to me as I still have mine in the car anyway.
Just checked my usual sources of information and I can find no further updates since Jan 2013 when they suspended the fine that went with the requirement to carry one

Anyway mine still have a years expiry date so will stay in the car until they run out of date
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.