Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We are going to Zante on Sunday 20th July so only 5 days to go :cheers can anyone tell me about any good trips to go on first time to zante been to Corfu. Rhodes and halkidiki before love greek islands and mainland Greece looking forward to a great week away any info would be lovely cheers :tup :D
Its been a long time since we were in Zante but we did love the trip to Kefalonia. Stunning place and really interesting history.
The Plessas Palace is a really good place. Alykanas was looking a bit run down 2012.

We're trying Gouves this september, Maria Kelly apartments which seem to have mainly good reports
We've just booked a holiday to Skiathos we've never been to this resort before but been told by numerous people how lovely it is we r staying just a few metres from the town should be able to walk into it on a night and catch a bus to other parts during the day we r so looking forward to it..
Skiathos was the last Greek Island we visited 13 years ago. Stayed at the Atrium Hotel .. beautiful with stunning views, but my God was it a trek up the hill lol! Skiathos is a beautiful island and there are numerous bars and restaurants in the main town. You must try a day trip to Skelopos ..... stunning island:-)

We were considering returning to Skiathos early Sept but decided to try one of the lesser known islands, so opted for Thassos.
We also went to Skiathos,what a fantastic holiday,a truly beautiful place to visit, stayed at a resort called Agia Paraskevi ( please excuse spelling if wrong ) the only place to change money was at a fantastic hotel on the beach, i think it was called the Skiathos Princess or something similar, the girls who worked behind the reception were stunning!
Only two negatives, the shortest runway i have ever landed on and a couple who attached themselves to our company,they were from London and if you had a Black cat they had a blacker one!still did not spoil a fantastic holiday.

PS. we went to a different beach one day,recomended by some people we met, we were the only ones with clothes on :yikes

Enjoy Alan :cheers
I have read about that nudist beach PF dont think i'll be paying them a visit..Pat i know Greece does consist of lots of hills i'll feel like i have earned my meals/drinks when we get to a bar..
Me 7 more sleeps until Zante for the fourth year running
I adore Greece, I always feel like I am coming home, although we don't go every year.

Off to Pefkos in September.
We are just back from Andros, very 'Greek' destination. Currently planning next years trip for our daughters wedding. Location undecided as yet ! :que
LadyL2013,

Been to Pefkos twice although many moons ago (89/90 I think) When we stayed there, there was only 2 hotels and a few SC studios/apartments ... had fab holidays both years with great company:-)

Sleep_r_us ..... if hill are no problems, you should really try the Pefkos Beach Hotel (the rooms with the views) and that will really test your fitness level, although I believe they now have a lift to transport guest to the higher rooms lol!!
Pat we are already booked with accomodation but when we get our bearings will try and find The Hotel you mention, i'm not super fit but do like to have walks and a nosey around..

pat wrote:
LadyL2013,

Been to Pefkos twice although many moons ago (89/90 I think) When we stayed there, there was only 2 hotels and a few SC studios/apartments ... had fab holidays both years with great company:-)

Sleep_r_us ..... if hill are no problems, you should really try the Pefkos Beach Hotel (the rooms with the views) and that will really test your fitness level, although I believe they now have a lift to transport guest to the higher rooms lol!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.